Chapter - 22

Mihyun looked into the mirror, checking herself one last time in the reflection and smirking at how gorgeous she looked

Mihyun looked into the mirror, checking herself one last time in the reflection and smirking at how gorgeous she looked. Call her a narcissist, but she knew she's smoking tonight. She took her clutch and left the apartment after locking the door behind her.

On her way out, her phone made the buzz again so she picked it up. Seokjin has been calling ever since but she didn't get the time to talk as she was busy getting ready. He almost shouted from his side.

"Yah!"

"Sorry oppa...I was a little busy..." she sang in a happy voice.

"Huh...you sure know how to talk!" He scoffed. "I have a good news for you."

"Awaiting..." she pressed the parking lot button on the elevator and waited for the doors to close. Seokjin sounded hopeful down the line.

"The recordings Namjoon gave us, has some clues about the killer. His face is still not seen but we can get hints on what he's like. Besides-"

"Oppa..." Mihyun cuts him off. Her throat felt dry hearing those.

She didn't want to be involved anymore. Somehow, this left a bitter aftertaste in her mouth and she can't get rid of it. Yoongi getting hurt, her finding out about her parent's death after 15 years and the whole issue about the case- higher ups trying to bury. She had had enough of all this.

She just wanted to lead a simple life from now on. With her friends, the person she loved and her brother she reunited with after so long. Maybe she can make some space for herself in there. But not this case anymore.

"I don't want keep hearing about it. Let's say I'm resigning from the post of your unofficial assistant." She looked down at her feet. Trembling in her shoes as Seokjin was quiet.

"Mihyun..." he started. But paused again. A sigh was heard after that. "I get it. You're too young to take all these right now."

It's not about being young, not about getting scared along the way. She just didn't want anyone around her hurt because of this. She can't ask Seokjin to stop. It's his job. He must do it. But it's not hers. She can keep the way a little narrow for anyone that tries to slip in.

"I'm sorry oppa..." the elevator doors opened. She stepped out, finding Yoongi's driver waiting outside the car to drive her to the club. She sighed. "I think I have to go. See you at the party."

"I might be little late. Bye."

Hurt. Seokjin sounded hurt. He wasn't expecting her to back off right before everything was coming together. They had him. Almost. She might've just helped a little more. It'll be hard on Seokjin and Hoseok alone.

Pushing these thoughts to the back of her mind, she stepped in and let the driver take her to where she was headed. Let's not think about these now. I have my best friend waiting.