Chapter - 11

"What do you want for dinner?" Yoongi asked while putting on the apron and tying the straps behind his waist

"What do you want for dinner?" Yoongi asked while putting on the apron and tying the straps behind his waist. He kept looking into the fridge randomly as he's out of ideas about what to make tonight.

"Steak!" She stuck her hand up from the couch in the air. Eyes glittering with excitement as she grinned at him. "I want steak!"

"Well, at your service." He smiled and went to the freezer again. She giggled and waited with her phone in hand. She can just go in and help but Yoongi had forbidden her entry inside, knowing she might set the whole house on fire.

She scrolled through her phone sending texts to the new group chat that consists Taehyung, Jimin and Seokjin. Also Taehyung added Jungkook this evening but he didn't reply to any of the texts. Poor maknae must be busy with his studies.

Is his hand okay though?

"Oh...I almost forgot." She looked back at Yoongi who's preparing the meat. Remembering the incidents from this morning. "How did it go at the company?"

He looked up and nodded, thoughtfully. "Better than I had expected."

Really? Or is he saying this because he doesn't want me to worry?

"Tell me everything oppa..." she turned her whole body to face him behind the kitchen counter from the couch. He heavily exhaled. Putting the bowl he's preparing the meat in down.

"I can't lie to you." He started, a small smile of defeat on his face. "They said I should be careful not to get caught by the fans with it. And..." he trailed off.

"And?"

"And not to expose that I have a sister. As everyone has known I'm the only child since I debuted. People might stir rumors up if they find out that you live with me."

She didn't know how to respond to it. He's taking so much pressure just to keep her safe and she can't even lend a hand to help. She knows how bad it can get for him if people knew his family condition, or more specifically, their family conditions. Haters and antis are scary these days. It'll only take one person to expose everything and ruin his entire career.

"Don't worry Mihyun. These are just normal when you're famous. These don't mean anything." He put the steak on the pan to cook and saw her gloomy eyes staring at him. He tilted his head confusedly.

"Why are you taking so much risk oppa?" She asked. Feeling guilty all of a sudden. "You don't have to do it just because-"

"I'm not doing it for a reason Mihyun." He said seriously. "You're my sister, that's enough for me to fuck what others say." He looked frustrated.

The calm Yoongi left his body in matter of seconds, something else taking over, like that day. "I know me and dad haven't been there for most of the time! I let that crazy bastard hurt you and mom!" His eyes are turning red. She could hear his ragged breathing from that distance. "I couldn't save mom but now I can save you at least..."