Chapter - 16

It was the first time Mihyun saw "The Busan Flower Killer's" work in real

It was the first time Mihyun saw "The Busan Flower Killer's" work in real. And she couldn't help but admire how delicate it looked. How fascinating the piece of art in front of her looked.

It was another man. Laying on the porch of his own house, carefully placed on the spot where the rain can't touch his body. Wearing a black suit and white shirt. Resembling one of the people attending a funeral. Her gaze wandered over the body until it comes to a halt. His hands perfectly placed over his abdomen, adorned by the purple flowers.

She couldn't take her eyes off it even if she wanted to. It was as if she's been put under a spell and was bound to be attracted to this. She can't stop herself.

"Baby...let's go..."

She snapped out of her little trance and looked at the boy beside her who's trying hard not to throw up. He's turned away from the sight and is holding onto her wrist tightly, trying to pull her out of the crowd so they can leave.

"Yeah..." she took one last glance at the dead body and turned with him taking a step to leave. Her phone buzzed but she couldn't put her heart to recieve the call.

Another murder. Another victim. Another person on the list of people she couldn't save.

But it wasn't in her hands. Because the man that died isn't someone who she knew will be attacked. None from the list of three.

"Tae...are you okay?" She stopped the boy and he closed his eyes to stable himself. She caressed his face with a thumb and pulled him close to herself.

The soft boy he is...gosh...

How did I even think of Taehyung that way? Just because of a stupid perfume?

It took him a few moments to mumble "I'm alright." He had taken Seokjin's keys so he decided to drive her home.

She sat on the passengers seat as silence comforted her. Gaze fixated outside the window. Droplets of rain blurring the glass but she could easily see though the foggy sight.

Her phone buzzed once again and she picked it up this time. Yoongi's voice floated from the other side.

"Hey, are you okay? You haven't been-"

"I'm fine oppa..." she sighed. Trying not to let her frustration out. "Did Jimin leave?"

"No...he's here." Yoongi sighed as well. Sensing her mood. "Go home. I'll tell the security to let Taehyung stay in."

She hummed and cut the call right after. It'll be better if Taehyung just stays with her tonight since she can't think of a way to distract herself. It all comes back to the dead bodies and flowers. Sickening sweet perfume and Namjoon.