Chapter - 18

"Kookie! Let's go!" Mihyun bubbled into the kitchen through the counter and smiled at the by who just finished his shift and needs to change

"Wait outside I'm coming..." he unconsciously said and opened his locker. But then he felt her stare from the back and ended up locking eyes with her. She just stood there. "What? I need to change..."

"Hmm? So?" She tilted her head.

"Are you seriously dumb or you have kinks about me?" He raised an eyebrow making the girl scoff out in annoyance.

"I have a hot boyfriend huh!" She flipped her hair before getting down from the counter. "I'll wait outside. Take your time." She walked out of the cafe and the doors closed.

"Sure..." he smiled bitterly.

He saw Taehyung leaving with Jimin earlier. Not really sure why but it was something serious as Seokjin and Hoseok kept telling them to be careful. He put his hoodie on while thinking about that. Trying to figure out what they were going to do so important.

If only he was free, he'd have followed the two. But then again he already made plans with Mihyun, that's not something he'd cancel.

"Here you are!" Mihyun wrapped an arm around his making him flinch at her action. "What should I buy him? I barely know about flowers..." she looked at him expectantly.

"I-I don't..." he stuttered but regained his voice. "Let's just go and see..." he said clearly this time.

"Okie..." she shrugged and started walking while still grabbing his arm. He just let the girl drag him to wherever.

And secretly wished this day to last a bit longer.

The third store they were visiting for the flowers ( because she didn't like any of the bouquets anywhere so they decided on making one on spot for Jimin ) was quite far from where they had started. She kept nagging about how delicate and special the flowers have to be because it's her best friend's birthday!

"When are we going home?" Jungkook lazed on his steps but she kept walking and got ahead.

"When we're done!" She skipped on the sidewalk like a little girl which made the boy behind smile. He jogged to match her pace.

They reach a nursery that had a variation of flower. Entering the gate, they watched in awe as a path parted in middle of thousands of flowers for them. "Woah..." she had her mouth open in amazement.

She walked ahead again out of excitement to find the perfect flowers. But then, her eyes stopped on a particular species.

Purple aconite...

Her eyes stuck on it and a flash of the dead body she saw the other day passed by her mind. It was that beautiful flower that captivated her to know more about this case and now she's here looking at it while fighting her urge to touch it. Her hand unconsciously reached for the flower on display but before her finger could brush on it, someone grabbed her wrist and stopped the tragedy.