Chapter - 7

"Yeah

"Yeah...oppa..." Mihyun hesitated when someone on the other side picked up. She tapped her fingers on the table of the library she's sitting in.

"Mihyun?"

The deep and soothingly gentle voice sounded surprised as she never called him first before. She bit her lip before talking again.

"Yeah it's me..." she slowly said. A sudden rush of embarrassment coursed through her. "How are you?"

It's been nearly a year she left his house and moved into the hostel. Her brother, was too protective of her after what she's been through. He didn't want her out of his sight but she insisted. Because he's a busy man and has too many important things to worry about than to care for a step sister, who can't even behave well with him.

"Wow...was the sun not up this morning?" He chuckled.

"Oppa!" She whined. "I'm hanging up!" She was about to do as said but then she heard him hurriedly apologizing.

"Hey hey! Don't hang up on me!" He let a exhale of relief out as she put the phone back to her ear. As if knowing what she did without even seeing. "I was just teasing you. I'm good. How are you?" He asked.

"My college hostel shut down for a few days. And I'm homeless again." She went straight to the point because there's no hiding from him. He'll figure things out anyways.

"Why didn't you call me earlier, I'd have sent my manager to pick you up." She heard some papers shuffling on the other side. He must be busy. "Jimin didn't tell me anything either."

"I was with my friends and I thought you might be busy..." she ran a finger through the lining of the wood. The table she's sitting at is pretty much on a corner and it looks like no one liked this spot as much as she did. She's all alone here, it made her comfortable.

"I was. But not anymore. Where are you I'll come to pick you up."

"What? No!" She exclaimed a bit louder than expected and pressed a hand over her mouth.

"Why?"

"Aren't you out of city?" She asked while looking outside on the street. Although she secretly wanted him to rush to her, she couldn't possibly ask him to do that. It will sound unfair.

"So what? I can't let you wandering around..." She heard him telling someone to get him a coffee. Possibly to his secretary who stuck outside his room all the time. Him and his coffee addiction.

"Its okay. I can manage a few days."

She couldn't. It's a pure lie. After what happened back at the cafe she shouldn't be saying this.

"You don't have to. I'll be back by tonight. So just come back home."

The home everyone talks about...