Chapter - 19

"Are you sure no one will suspect anything? What if your dad finds out?" Taehyung worriedly followed Jimin who looked relaxed and played with the lollipop he's licking ever since

"Are you sure no one will suspect anything? What if your dad finds out?" Taehyung worriedly followed Jimin who looked relaxed and played with the lollipop he's licking ever since. They were about to arrive Jimin's house and Taehyung was getting even more nervous.

"He won't...I'll just make something up if he does." Jimin shrugged.

Taehyung sighed. Is this boy just spoiled by his dad or he doesn't care? He had a hard time figuring out. They reach his house and Jimin pushed the gate open. A guard bowed to him.

"Is dad home?" He asked the guard.

"No sir." Jimin nodded before inviting Taehyung in. "Call me when dad comes." He handed the guard a bill and winked before dragging Taehyung in with himself.

"Are you now bribing your own house guards?" Taehyung scoffed out of disbelief.

"You gotta be smart when your Dad is an asshole politician..."

Okay, so he doesn't care.

They go up the stairs and Jimin looks around to see if anyone is watching. Taehyung has been here a couple of times but this big house sure confuses him. Jimin usually never talks about his family or his relationship with them. So Taehyung was expecting learning many new things today. About Jimin too.

"This way..." Jimin grabbed his wrist and took him to a dark room. He locked the door carefully before turning on the lights. Taehyung's eyes widened in awe.

It was his dad's office and it looked like a store house of everything expensive in the house. A little like those Mafia books he read in his teens. Jimin casually walked over to the computer and gestured Taehyung to come over. He sat on which Tae assumed his dad's seat and turned the computer on.

"Password..." Tae looked at Jimin. There's no way he knows his dad's password, does he?

"It's his birth date..." Jimin scoffed and entered the password. As expected, it opened. "That selfish motherfucker..." Jimin cursed under her breath.

"Well...technically..." Taehyung shrugged.

Jimin was seriously typing away on the keyboard to get the actual work they were here for. His heart was racing as his dad can be home anytime soon but he's keeping his calm. Taehyung watched the boy doing his work.

"Got it..." Jimin looked at Taehyung as he found the database access. Taehyung smirked and took the lead now.

Searching for the list which had names of the people who changed their nationality to Korean in 2005. He found the first list Hoseok got for the case. But then a small red pocket that says confidential was seen under the same file.

"What's that?" Taehyung asked unconsciously.

"Open to find out..." Jimin pressed the mouse for Taehyung.