Epilogue

"I'm so fucking done with this shit!" Jimin flopped on the seat where they usually gather around after getting off of work

"I'm so fucking done with this shit!" Jimin flopped on the seat where they usually gather around after getting off of work. His already pouty lips stuck out cutely. Cafe's closed for the day. But the lights are still on since all of them are gathering together here.

"Aigoo Jiminie..." Mihyun cooed and cupped his face. He's not used to living a tough life like this. She understood how hard it's for him.

But it's somehow their fault that he had to end up this way. If they hadn't sneak in to get the list that day-

"Where are the others?" Taehyung sat next to her and asked. Hand instantly going around her waist as he smiled. The three of them are waiting as Seokjin called for an 'emergency meeting' of some sort. Yoongi was invited too. He's taking his time. Understandable. But Seokjin, the host isn't here yet.

"They have works to do. They aren't students like us. Skipping studies to hang out." She sighed while resting her head on his shoulder. Jimin fakes a disgusted look their way.

The bell chimes and Seokjin enters. Followed by a happy looking Hoseok. Both out of their work uniform.

"As expected, Yoongi isn't here yet." Seokjin rolled his eyes.

Again, she knew their bickerings will never end. She shook her head and laughed at Jin.

"He's on his way. But what's the emergency?" She asked. Watched them both taking their seats.

"Let that guy come-"

"Am I late?!" Yoongi poked his head in and smiled. All his teeth and gum showing. It was impossible to resist, that smile of his.

"Ehhe...Yoongi-ah!" Seokjin shook his head. "You are very late. I've been waiting for ages." He overreacted on that part. Yoongi knew, so he didn't pay much attention. He just threw some cutesy steps and came in. As he always does when he's late.

"Now...to the point." Jimin rests his hands on the table. Asking for the subject of this meeting.

"So...I've...been..." Seokjin intentionally dragged his words slowly as their patience ran thin. Mihyun narrowed her eyes at him.

"Oppa..."

"Okay okay...I've been promoted!"

"Woah...Hyung congrats..." Yoongi made a very non-enthusiastic sound and clapped lazily. Like it wasn't anything to be told so dramatically. But knowing Seokjin, everything about him is dramatic.

"Yah! Show reactions!" Seokjin complained. All of them started clapping half heartedly. Taehyung was the most excited looking actor among them as he borrows his car sometimes. He didn't want to risk that.

"So you're leaving again?" Jimin pointed out. "To Busan?"

"Um? No no!" The detective shook his head. "I'll be in Seoul metropolitan." His cheeks stuck out like breads as he smiled.

"That's a relief." She nodded at him.

"What relief? He'll keep calling us for emergency meetings like this and then brag about his dynamic story of how he figured a pick pocket." Yoongi scoffed. Hoseok almost fell off his chair at that. Taehyung also suppressed his laughter.

"Yah!"

Suddenly, the bell rang again as the cafe's main door opened. Jimin turned towards the gate and stopped laughing abruptly. Seeing someone uninvited standing there.

Mihyun noticed his face and looked back over the stall. Eyes locked with the new person.

"Namjoon oppa?"

"I'm-I'm sorry." Namjoon hung his head low as he sighed. Yoongi just stared at him blankly. Why would he apologize to him?

"Oppa..." Mihyun started. As no one else was saying anything. "I don't think you should apologize. You had no choice and you were scared..." she sighed followed by others. Namjoon seemed to be more guilty than they thought he would be. He wouldn't have found them right after he got out of jail if he wasn't.

"Still...I should've..."

"Its okay Namjoon." Yoongi rested a hand on his shoulder as an act of reassurance. "Look, we haven't met before but since you've paid enough for what you did, it's fine now."

Paid enough for what he did...

"Sounds like I'll be spending the rest of my life in here."

Was it that simple? Someone killed five people to avenge one death. Maybe a couple more, who knows.

It fell silent after that for a minute. None of them able to talk. Thinking of the times when nothing between them was awkward like this. Hoseok wasn't involved in the conversations. How Yoongi was still distant to Mihyun as a brother and how none of them felt heavy about someone being missing right now.

Jungkook should've been among them.

"The case is gonna be closed after Jungkook's hearing." Hoseok broke the ice. "I think he might get a-"

"Hyung...can we not?" Taehyung cut him off midway. His face showing nothing more than distaste towards the turn their conversation was taking.

It's unavoidable. Jungkook has confessed to everything. They sure didn't have any proof against him. He said he destroyed them before getting caught. And it didn’t sit right with Mihyun.

He confessed to everything without any pushing, pursuing. Took all the blame.

A killer who was smart enough to ditch the police all these time, it was all so simple for him to say. And very strange.

He did it on purpose. He got caught on purpose.

But again, Mihyun had no leads to say that. Maybe he just wanted this chase to end. Maybe he just-

Seokjin's phone rang and plunged into the heavy silence. All heads turned to him when he took it out. His own eyes widened at the number that flashed on screen.

"Who is it?" Hoseok asked.

"From the station..." he mumbled before leaving the table to take the call.

"Work..." Yoongi shrugged.

"Something's wrong. We both are off duty why would they call-" Hoseok wasn't finished when his phone started ringing too.

Station.

Seokjin's face was drained of colors when he came back to the table. Hoseok let his phone ring and stared at the older in confusion. So did others. But the detective only stared at Mihyun with wide eyes for some reason.

"What? What was that?" Mihyun asked.

"They...they found another body..." Seokjin said and then his whole body shuddered. The strange fear crossed between all of them.

"Body?" Namjoon asked to clarify.

"Another...purple aconite..."

---The End---