TWENTY-NINE

For people who guessed the pov correctly from the sneak peek. Here are the dedications yusra1213 Ally_love_dogs hailstorm242  phoenixfalooda06 and for those who guessed two or more almost everyone later chose one except for @prettylilthangAnita and @nadaabdullah2005 so yeah...

Calvin's pov

"What do you mean where is Gabby?" I asked him slowly tilting my head to the side to see if the little one was behind him.

She wasn't. Or anywhere near us either.

"That she wasn't where you left me with her. I literally just bent down to tie my laces and the next second when I turn around poof she's not standing there" Mack exclaimed waving his arms around, eyes wild with panic; face alight with alarm and fear.

"WHAT? What do you mean she wasn't there?" I asked my heart dropping to my feet as my hold on the bottles in my hand tightened.

"I lost her. I fucken lost her Calvin" Mack stressed running a hand through his curls as I dropped the bottle to the ground before pushing him to the side and rushing to the place where I had left him with Gabby.

"Gabsie? Gabs?" I whispered as I turned my head here and there trying to find her.

Then, "GABRIELLA? GABBY! WHERE ARE YOU?".

Mack quickly got to me just as I began going down each aisle loudly yelling. An elderly woman gave me a disapproving glare at the loud noise I was creating but I didn't care only turning around the dairy section to the cereal aisle my heart beating hard in my chest as negative thoughts flowed through my mind.

What if she got kidnapped? She was already on a hot list...What if that Joel that Axel had assured us was not the bad guy took her? What if she ran away? Back to those boys that had been deemed as her brothers? Real brothers...what if someone just grabbed her?

What if...

"Hey, hey! Cal calm down. We'll find her. We will find that little dove but I need you to calm down and stop with the yelling before they kick us out" Mack grabbed my arm pulling me to the side.

"She could have been kidnapped Mack. No thanks to you" I hissed harshly yanking my arm from his grip.

"You think I'm not scared of that?" He snapped back his own worry forming into anger but he squeezed his eyes shut before relaxing his tense shoulders.

"You go to that side and I'll check this side. Meet back at the entrance if you don't find her or if you do then send me a text" Mack clapped me on the back twice before whirling around on his feet and stalking away.

I was about to go back to my pathetic headless chicken running around search when I paused.

"Gabby?" I frowned looking around.

I swear I heard something. A whisper just now.

"I like the srawberry one".

I whipped my head behind me to see nothing but a display for...women's essential sanitary.

Yet, I could bet the voice had come from there.

"And jellybeans. The pink ones too".

I slowly inched forwards before scaling the shelf.

A bored helper was drooling against a shelf and no one else was in sight.

"I have a lizard. It's called Neville. Kelsey doesn't like him".