T H I R T E E N

There are times in my life where I wonder why my life is the way it is

There are times in my life where I wonder why my life is the way it is. I grew up in a happy family with loving parents but after my dad left and my mom died then well...the five of us were split up.

Colin and Jai in one foster home and Mack and I in another and Axel was already of age.

The foster home which was mine and Mack's home for almost a year wasn't all that bad but the other two had it bad. They were rarely ever fed and showers and using the bathroom in general had been a big no-no. But we had scaped through it. Axel had worked hard and had gotten custody and we had moved back into our old home and were happy again. Everything was going smoothly until a few months ago.

My mom had been a business woman travelling the world and owning half of it. That was half the reason why my father even married her and had us and the other half was that maybe deep down he kinda sorta maybe did love her. Well he was good at showing it anyways but then one day he packed his shit and left. All of us were old enough to know that his leaving didn't set well with our mom who went half crazy with grief and heartbreak until last year when she had a heart attack. Loosing my mom was definitely the saddest day of my life followed closely my best friends death.

"Axel" I ran downstairs my phone clutched tightly in my hand.

"What?" He looked up from the book he was reading on the couch. Mack was sitting on the two seater immersed in some car show on the television.

"What the fuck is he doing now?" I threw the phone at Axel who easily caught it frowning.

"Ranger Roth's unknown daughter. A little girl was spotted with Roth's sons a few days ago on different destinations. Could it be that Roth has another child we didn't know about?".

Did I mention that my dad was a freaking actor and that's how he stole my mom's heart? Well he is. A model and an actor and this was bad.

And that's also the reason we have paparazzi tailing us like some criminals all the time. It's kinda annoying since we just want to live like normal people and have no contact with our father.

"What?" Mack quickly moved to our side wide-eyed.

"Did he respond?" Axel snapped at me already moving to check our father's social media accounts.

"No he hasn't been active for a while. His management's probably trying to figure out what's happening" I sighed sitting down.

This was bad. Gabriella's picture had surfaced the earth and it would probably be a short time before her parents would be sniffing her out.

Our dad didn't play a big role in our lives anymore especially after our moms death. Every Christmas we would get a huge check which Axel would automatically without even batting a lash would donate to a charity for disabled kids or some cancer hospital. He said it was guilt money and he didn't want any of the filth in our house so we got our money from his earnings which were from clubs and a few hotels which were almost all still in mom's name though Axel had slowly been changing them to his and Mack who was already eighteen names.