T H I R T Y

(No one's pov because a) this book mostly comprises of Calvin's pov and after last chapter I'mma be holding of on him and b) Axel is the other person with the most pov's and again after last chapter I'm gonna hold off on him and writing from the others pov isn't much fun since I fail to convey their proper feelings and stuff so yea...)

This chapter is dedicated to Adyarchana because honestly that girl is too sweet to be true💞✨

It was the day.

Doomsday to be specific.

Axel's doomsday to be extra specific.

The day he would die.

He could just see the headlines in his mind, "Twenty four year old murdered by grandmother for failing to inform her of his decisions to adopt an angel into his family".

While outside he held a cool and calm front, inside he was dying and felt sick.

Of course his siblings and girlfriend didn't make matters any better.

While Calvin still had to leave his room, Jai had yet to even enter the house and Mack had to stop groveling about being woken up early and Rachel had to stop trying to stuff Mufasa and his twin into a plastic baggie.

In Axel's head the four soon to be five-year-old was the most well behaved. That is until he opened his trunk to load their bags and found it filled to the brim with unicorn stuffy's. All of the stuffy's Gabby owned to be precise.

And the number was greater than 34. After that Axel lost count.

After much talking which felt more like hostage negotiations with a band of drunken bipolar pirates with Rachel and Gabby he managed to get one to leave behind Mufasa and the other to only take 12 unicorns with her. Axel felt quite an achievement when they relented.

Of course his victory was short lived when an irked Calvin finally decided to leave his room. He was holding his phone to his chest and was lugging a bag behind him.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?" Axel asked feeling exhausted and they had yet to even leave their house for the five-six hour drive.

"Well I don't know maybe because some whack job thinks if we'll leave at bloody five in the morning we'll I dunno maybe get to our destination in five minutes or some shit or maybe it's because when you gently toss your phone on your bed and it suddenly decides that it needs to bounce of three walls, break a lamp, put a dent in the freaking ceiling and kill a cat is the worst thing to ever happen to anyone ever alive" the teenager replied hotly stopping in front of Axel with a moddy scowl on his face.

"You killed a cat?" A small voice asked with an edge of terror to her voice as Calvin flipped his phone around to show his eldest brother the cracked screen.

"Wha- no. No, I did not kill a cat munckin. It was an expression" Calvin sighed staring down at the little girl stood beside Axel with wide eyes.

Before Gabby could say anything Rachel came through dragging a half asleep Colin behind her. With tousled hair, droopy eyes and still in his pyjamas with a blanket wrapped around his body like a burrito the youngest boy did not look ready to go on a road trip yet alone decent enough to leave the house.

"Coming through...coming through" Rachel pushed past Calvin and came to stand before the trio as Colin calmly sat down on the ground and put his head against the concrete. Axel was hundred percent sure he had gone back to sleep thinking he was still in bed.