S I X

"Can I have some water bricks with my snowman blood as well?" Gabby asked me pointing at my glass of water.

I frowned at her looking from the glass to her and back.

"I'm sorry but what water bricks and what snowman blood?".

"The snowman blood you're drinking and the water bricks in it" She once more pointed at my glass and it took me exactly five minutes to figure out what she meant.

"You mean you want ice cubes with your water?" I stared at her bewildered and she nodded slowly.

"Is that what they're called?".

"Well yes" I scooped two ice cubes into her unicorn cup before handing it back.

This kid gets weirder and weirder every day.

But she's cute.

"Aloha brother and tiny cutie pie" Jai flounced into the kitchen where we were sat and gently kissed the top of Gabby's head before plopping down beside her.

She offered him her cup.

"Would you like some of my snowman blood with water bricks?".

Jai blinked at her. Once. Twice. Thrice. Before turning to me with a what-the-hell-is-that look on his face.

"Water with ice cubes?" I laughed and Jai raised both his eyebrows at that.

"Er no but thanks Gabs" He ruffled her hair as she went back to sipping her "snowman blood with water bricks".

"So anyways I came here because I've a quest for you young padawan" He announced pointing at Gabby who merely stared at him with water trickling down her chin.

"You like unicorns...yes?".

At that he got a enthusiastic nod.

"And remember how you said our cars were boring the other day?".

Another nod. Not so eager though.

"Well we are going to make our own unicorn car like right now" He exclaimed like a hyper kid.

"Our own unicorn car?" Gabby repeated.