S E V E N

"Oooh look JJ you have a pink mustache" Gabby giggled pointing at Jai's very much invisible mustache

"What? Where?" Jai alarmed looked around for a mirror.

"Here lemme" With a mischievous look on her face, Gabby leaned forwards and with one simple movement from the brush in her hand and Jai was now the proud owner of a pink mustache.

I burst out laughing at the stunned look on Jai's face as everyone else paused their painting to see his reaction. We were currently all painting Gabby's room well everyone but Colin who was allergic to paint or its smell and Mack who was too lazy to help us.

"You little brat" Jai dipped his brush into the dark blue paint before splattering Gabby it with.

She "oohed" running to Kelsey and hugging her side.

"Kelsey look what Jai did" She whined.

The next second Kelsey had stepped forwards picked up the red paint bucket and flipped it upside down over Jai who froze where he was. Axel sighed going back to painting his section of the wall as Gabby giggled and bumped fists with my girlfriend.

"Cal help meeee" Jai wailed like a little kid. In response, I flipped a green paint bucket over Kelsey and as Gabby was beside her she got some of it on her as well.

After that...?

Well after that we had a mega paint fight during which Axel only two feet away from us got not one drop of paint on him and we had to send Jai to get more paint.

"Do you even know anything about Disney Princesses?" Mack snapped hitting Colin's shoulder roughly snatching the unicorn mug from his hands. These two had been tasked to unpack all the stuff we had bought the other day and all day long their squabbles had floated up the stairs where the rest of us were.

"Yes, this is Cinderella" Colin picked up a plate on which a brown haired princess wearing a yellow gown was printed. Mack's eyebrows scrunched together as he shook his head.

"Nah that's Aurora".

"Aurora? Aurora is blond Mack" Colin chided and with a defiant expression on his face, Mack yelled loudly.

"Gabs please come down here for a minute".

Patterning of feet on the stairs told us Gabby was hurrying down. Soon enough she appeared in front of the two immature idiots I had the honor of calling my brothers.

"Gabs is this Cinderella or Aurora?" Colin asked lifting up the plate for her to see. Gabby's eyebrows furrowed cutely as she looked from one idiot to the other.

"That's...Belle".

A loud laugh escaped me as both Colin and Mack's faces fell.

"Oh My God...".

Mack flipped me off and stormed up to his room as blushing Colin went back to work.

"I don't get it. They both have yellow hair. Why would they say something like that?" Gabby turned to me confused and another loud laugh escaped me.

"I don't know chipmunk I don't know".

_

_

_

"Cal look Kelsey painted my nails just like her own" Gabby ran over to me and plopped down on my lap showing her nails which were painted a bright purple color.

"Really? That's cool!" I exclaimed and she grinned before surprising me by throwing her arms around me and hugging herself to me tightly. Slightly shocked I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame.

"Thank you for this" She pulled away waving her hand around the house looking and sounding more mature than a 4-year-old kid.

"Hey, its no problem" I smiled.

"Here," She handed me a fat envelope. Correction fat envelopes.

I frowned taking them from her.

"Lissy said that I should give them to-to-to m-my guardian or something" She explained before climbing down from my lap and running somewhere in the house without another word.

What the-

I frowned at the envelope at the top which was addressed to Gabriella's Guardian.

After a moment I slowly opened it and a single sheet of paper fell out. I slowly picked it up to see, unlike that one note Gabby had handed me back at the park where I had found her this was written in neat and dainty writing. You know in one of those writings which make you extremely conscious of your own messy scrawl. Yeah, those.

Dear whoever,

My name is Charlene and you are...I guess my baby sisters guardian or you're some nasty, nosy, selfish scientist who doesn't know what's good for them. Anyways if you're the former then this letter is for you. I know this is all old fashioned and stupid but in the lab, one doesn't just have easy access to the Internet so I couldn't really write an email or shit.
I hope that Lisa has explained my sister's condition to you. If she hasn't then...well you're in for a great surprise. I know this might come as something clearly impossible and unbelievable- but wait I can't tell you anything. You could be one of my parents and I'm sorry but I can't risk my sisters life for that. I told Lisa to get her out when she turns four and if she is four right now then you're in for a real treat when she turns five. Just know that Ella's not your average normal toddler and you might have already noticed that unless you're unbelievable unobservant.
Also if she complains of stomach aches then make her suck a whole lemon. I know this isn't normal but do as I have said because painkillers won't work in this condition if her head hurts then icy cold water that could give you a terrible brain freeze should do the trick. I know, I know I probably sound crazy or something but seeing is believing...eh? And very soon you'll be seeing everything.
Take good care of my sister kind stranger for the reason I'm not here with her right now is so she could have a better life. A far better life then I could ever have or even give her. If I'm alive then...well...there's nothing to do, is there? I'm just gonna hope my little Ella is in good hands and please tell her, her sissy loves her so so so much.

Yours sincerely,
Charlene Dawson.

P.s if you're either of my incompetent parents then my middle finger salutes you.

I stared at the piece of paper wondering if this was someone's idea of a prank of a joke because if it was then it was really crappy. The letter was so cryptic and confusing it made me want to tear my hair out from the roots.

And wasn't Charlene Dawson supposed to be 12 feet under the ground...? Unless....there's something more. Something more to the sisters' death.

"Axel".