T H I R T Y - T H R E E

Mack slowly trailed down the stairs trying to stall as much as he could.

Behind him Jai was taking one step per minute and wishing for the earth to give way and gobble him up.

His ears perked up as three cheery voices floated upwards from the kitchen. Tilting his head to the side, Mack exchanged half a smile with his younger brother who grinned broadly; a dimple dented in his cheek.

"You think my shake tastes like poop? Huh? Then let's see you make a better one" Axel's teasing voice and raucous laughter could be heard all over the house as Rachel chortled under her breath.

"Okkes" Gabby's voice filled Mack's ears and he paused on the last step hearing Jai stopping a few steps up.

Telekinetic abilities.

Could she hear him now? Was she right now listening to the barrage of feelings struggling to spill over the stormy dam in his mind? Could she feel his inner turmoil of emotions? Hear his conflicting thoughts?

Mack contemplated rushing back up the wooden stairs and barricading himself in his room for the rest the week they were here as Axel's suddenly alarmed voice filled the air.

"Okay...No! No, no, nooo, no-no, no Gabby...NO! NOT THE COOKI- GABRIELLA! THE ICE-CREAM CAN'T GO- RACHEL STOP HELPING HER! GABRIELLA IVY ROTH!".

Axel's yelling and Rachel's amusement filled laughter jolted him out of his inner turmoil but he still didn't move as behind him Jai pushed between his shoulder blades trying to move Mack out of the way.

The sound of the blender whirring drowned Axel's futile attempts to stop Rachel and Gabby doing whatever they were doing but the roaring sound that washed over him and made him unable to focus on his over thinking made Jai successful to dislodge him from the wooden step and onto stable ground before Mack found himself being steered by a slightly huffing and puffing Jai into the very room he didn't want to rush into.

Both the boys paused in the doorway though taking in the scene in front of them with wide eyes, identical blue hued orbs filled with puzzlement and slight disbelief.

Axel was on his knees in one corner of the kitchen a twisted expression of fierceness and disapproval bended into his angry scowl as on the other side of the kitchen Gabby was sitting criss cross apple sauce on the counter and beaming at a red faced Rachel, the tomato shade of her cheeks matching her newly primmed reddish brown hair as she poured a mixture of what Mack could think was a sodden mixture of oreo cookies and strawberry flavored ice cream into two flute glasses.

Not noticing the unwanted guests standing gobsmacked in the kitchen doorway the two girls went on readying the 'perfect shake'.

When Rachel was done with the pouring down part Gabby snatched up two tiny umbrellas and stuck them into the mixture before stabbing two brightly colored straws into the shake and Rachel sprinkled a few chocolate chips on the top- both completely dismissing the havoc they had made in the kitchen.

A carton of milk sat precariously at the edge of the marble island about to fall over the edge to spill it's sour smelling contents everywhere as melted strawberry ice cream was everywhere- from the stove to the island to Gabby's shoes and a long streak over Axel's face while a handful of chocolate chips were hidden snugling in the voluminous folds of Rachel's hair a few falling to the floor with every move of her head.

"And- viola" Rachel raised her glass in Axel's direction as her loving boyfriend shot her a murderous glare, disbelief mingled in his features as the two devils clinked their glasses together and Gabby quickly began gulping down her 'shake' as if her life depended on finishing it before the next second was over.