E I G H T

"How much longer?" Colin whined from the backseat where he sat beside Gabby who was in her brand new car seat softly singing along to the radio while playing with one of her many unicorns

"Five more minutes Cole" Mack huffed from beside me glancing in the rear view mirror at Colin as he drove.

I sighed as Gabby sang a bit louder to Adele.

"I set fire to the rain, wash your clothes off, touch your face".

What the...

"What?" Colin twisted to properly look at her as I turned around too.

"That's not in the song" He pointed out tilting his head to the side as Gabby stared up at him wide doe eyes.

"Goldie and I like to make our own songs" She announced and Colin stared at her for a moment before shaking his head and going back to looking out of the window. Gabby looked up at me and I winked turning around.

Mack turned off the radio.

"Why don't we sing something else? Eh? Gabs do you know any nursery rhymes?" He asked.

Gabby nodded excitedly dropping "Goldie the unicorn" beside her.

"Yesh. I know Rain, rain go away" She crowed and Mack scrunched his eyebrows grinning at her innocent excitement.

"Well sing for us...will ya?".

"Rain, rain go away, come back another day, little Johnny want's to shoot lasers out of his nipples, so rain, rain go away" She sang loudly with a solemn expression on her face. There was a pause after she stopped and I'm pretty sure the rhyme doesn't go that way.

I caught Mack's eye and both of us burst out laughing.

"I don't think that's the correct poem Doll" Mack chortled trying to stop himself from laughing and concentrating on the road. 

"But JJ taught me that" Gabby pouted and Mack rolled his eyes muttering about "Beheading Jai " when we got home.

"No Gabs that's wrong and please do not listen to anything Jai says. Nothing but trash comes out of that cake hole".

Gabby didn't reply as she picked Goldie again.

"How about some other poem? You know any other?" Colin asked quirking a bow at her and she nodded as again Goldie was forgotten.

"There was old woman who lives in a shoe.
She had so many children,
She got food stamps,
Full medical but spending money
From the state along with child support
From all her baby daddies
And lived happily ever after" Gabby giggled waving her hands in the air.

For a full minute I was stunned into silence but then Colin started guffawing.

"Oh My God this is hilarious. Go on Gabs, sing another poem".