F I V E

I sighed as Mack and Colin dropped the last bucket of paint on the floor and Colin collapsed on the floor giving a tired

"Whose gonna paint?" Mack asked and I shrugged.

"You and Cal? And if Kelsey wants to help then yeah...".

"Well I'm too tired to even look at paint anymore".

"Hey did you tell Rachel about Gabby?" Colin asked and I nodded sitting down on the floor beside him.

"Yeah she can't wait to meet her".

Rachel Devereux was and is my girlfriend of three years. She's been with me through all ups and downs of life and we understand each other on a different level of emotions. She goes to Yale and we don't see her often but she makes sure to drop by as much as she can.

"How did she take the news?" Mack asked curiously and I shrugged.

"She was...okay...? Said I should do what I think is right and...she reminded me of foster care and all and I didn't just feel like throwing her there because we've all seen what's it like..." I trailed off as both of them nodded in understanding. They knew all too well what I was talking about.

"I mean yes we are probably the most irresponsible people to walk on the face of the earth but we at least won't starve a kid and forget to bathe them for two weeks".

Colin and Jai had been in the same foster house and they had, had it much worse then the other two. The two women who owned it forgot to feed the kids for days and they barely had a shower in the bathrooms yet alone a bathtub.

"Honey I'm home" A loud voice yelled for downstairs and I rolled my eyes as I stood up and went downstairs with Mack right beside me. The moment I walked into the living room though I froze. I slowly rubbed my eyes making sure I wasn't dreaming or had suddenly teleported into the kids toy section in Walmart or someplace but nope...our living room was filled with unicorns, clothes, more clothes and even more clothes, other random stuff and even more more more clothes.

"The fuck" Mack gasped.

"Language" Jai reprimanded him nodding at Gabby who was in Kelsey's arms holding a small unicorn close to herself.

"This is ridiculous why would you buy so much stuff" Mack huffed and Calvin glared at Jai pointedly who just shrugged with a shameless smile on his face.

My bank account much be empty by now.

I stared all the toys kinda confused.

"I don't get it. Why do we need so many unicorns again?" I scratched my head and Calvin just shrugged as I looked through all the bags.

"Did you guys leave anything in their for other kids?" Mack asked in astonishment and he just shrugged. Again.

"Whoa did you guys rob a Walmart or something?" Colin asked when he walked into the room.

"No dear brother, Jai and Kelsey just went an itsie bitsie overboard with the whole getting Gabby whatever she wanted thing" Mack replied sardonically as Jai shrugged.

"She's adorable and she gets what she wants because she's cute".

"That is not an excuse. We don't even have enough space for half of this stuff. And why are there so many pink dresses" I exploded running my hands through my hair. I knew it was a bad idea to send Jai and Kelsey to shop but it bought Calvin would make sure they won't buy everything cute and childish within a 10-mile radius.

"Because there isn't any such thing as too much clothes" Kelsey replied matter-of-factly handing Gabby to Colin who sat down with her on his lap.

"The kid went crazy when she saw everything was in rainbow coloured" Jai chuckled and Kelsey pulled something out for her pockets.

"And we even found rainbow condoms" She brandished the packet in the air like a flag making Calvin blush and snatch the packet and stuff it into his pockets.

I gave her a scandalized look making her roll her eyes and huff.

"Right well this stuff will have to stay here until we paint the room and get all the furniture up and proper" Mack rubbed his hands together.

"Colin look Mr. Snuggles is flying" Gabby squealed attracting all our attention. She was sitting up on her knees as she made 'Mr. Snuggles' the unicorn fly around his head.

"Wohoo yeah he's flying" Colin cheered like an excited kid before his eyes lit up.

"Do you wanna fly?".

Gabby nodded dropping Mr. Snuggles on the floor as Colin stood up and gently put one hand on her stomach and the other on her back.

"Stay stiff with your arms stretched out and your legs as well. Okay?".

When she nodded he gently picked her up horizontally before running around in circles. Tiny giggles escaped Gabby as she flew around the room.

"Cal look I'm flying" She yelled at Calvin who grinned nodding as Colin paused.

"Hey Gabs if you hit JJ on the back of his head, Mack will buy you jelly beans" He at once charged at Jai who yelled out something incoherent before dashing up the stairs like a mad man with Colin right behind him and Gabby trying to reach out and hit his head.

We waited for a total of five minutes before a loud "Hey" echoed through the house followed by Colin cheering and Gabby laughing. The next second a tiny body ran down the stairs at full speed and paused in front of Mack grinning up at him with a cheeky look on her face.

"My jelly beans?" She held up a hand and Mack rolled his eyes before leaning and picking her up adjusting her on his hip before turning to Calvin.

"I need the car keys. The princess is asking for food and I must feed her".

Calvin scoffed as he handed the keys over and Mack disappeared outside with Gabby still in his arms.

"She hits like fucking hulk" Jai wailed coming down the stairs with Colin right behind him.

Colin rolled his eyes slapping the back of his head and making Jai wince loudly. "Grow up you big baby".

"You know I might have been wrong. Maybe she can be a life changer. She's already got you all wrapped around her ting fingers and she's been here for fora total of 24 hours. Maybe she can change you guys" Kelsey pondered thoughtfully.

Little did we knew that, that was exactly what the little girl would do. Change us and for the better as well.

OK I'm so sorry for the long wait guys but I was just too busy with my other books but I hope this'll satisfy you guys

OK I'm so sorry for the long wait guys but I was just too busy with my other books but I hope this'll satisfy you guys. But don't worry this is just a filler kinda thingy. The next chapter will be more longer and will have more Gabby moments. Stay tuned...I might just update the next chapter today.

Unedited.