Chapter 11

and with that we were off..

Speeding down alleyways, highways and back roads, felt so good. Racing has been my happiness for so long, the adrenaline rising within me. Im ready to win this race

"Go down Hawker St, its the last stretch before you cross the finish line" James says through my earpiece, i find myself on that road in a matter of seconds.

"4km to go." knowing he was tracking me via the earpiece, i rev my bike swerving through lanes. I heard another bike approaching from behind me, looking back i see Xavier coming at a high speed. He knows I'm looking at him and I can already tell he is already smirking at me under his helmet.

Focusing my attention back onto the road I started gaining speed, fast. 'Last little stretch and you got this' thinking to myself, in the distance you could instantly see groups of people making their way to the finish line making sure they don't stand on the road for us to hit them.

Zooming towards then and over the finish line, everyone starts to cheer and congratulate me for my win, they really do this often. I somewhat feel bad since they don't get such a rush anymore since there's no one ever new that comes and they just know that ill be the one to finish first.

"WE GOT OURSELVES A WINNER, THE NEXT RACERS GET READY"

"alright great win Ky,  start heading back well meet you at the house" Chris adds in my earpiece, making people clear my way so I can go collect my earnings and just go home since its almost 2 in the morning on a Tuesday.  Fuck i got school in less than 7 hours, i'm so glad i don't need to participate in my gym class no more otherwise that would've made me want to end it right then and there.

Xavier wasn't far behind after i crossed the line, his friends went up to him, saying something that made one of the twins laugh. He pulled his helmet off and turned to look at me, to be honest with you all he would've seen is my hair and the ending bit of my back tattoo. I could just feel his gaze on me, instant disgust and something new I'm not quite sure what it was really.

I speed off and down to the house, knowing i'm going to pass out when I get home, the gang house was my favourite place in the world and i believe i get to wake up with a smile on my face in the morning before school. Parking the bike in the garage and putting up the key on the wall, I walk straight to the kitchen to grab myself a drink of water. Everyone was either in their rooms, or the game room and i believe Sam went to the cinema room to watch a movie. All besides Chris, he walked towards me in the kitchen and wrapping his hands around my waist placing gentle kisses on my neck. I smiled to myself as he did that but i was way too tired to even continue what he has started.

Chris is 21, him and i met when i was just 14 one night when i was walking home from a girl house who i had to tutor. Its really a long story on when him and i met, too tired to even consider explaining it now but soon i will. Anyways after that him and I started dating when I turned 16, we knew we didn't work well together so we ended it and now were fwb.

"Chris im too tired to do this right now, i need to go to sleep for school" turning myself around to face him, the disgust of me saying 'school' was written all over my face.

"I understand Ky, well do it another night" he says with a chuckle placing a kiss on my forehead before leaving and walking up to the game room.

I sigh taking my water up to my room, immediately I change into my cute red set of pjs and pass out on my bed.

'my little princess' was my last thought before everything went black.