Mission: Not Falling In Love With Him (21)

Don't kill me? :$ :)

****************************************

Mission: Not Falling In Love With Him (21)

I was expecting a couple days, three tops, to make it out of the hospital, but it had been a week now since I woke up and I was still strapped to the stupid IV and the stupid machine that made stupid annoying sounds.

I had tried and tried countless times calling Logan, but he made it very clear that he wasn't answering any of my calls...or text...or mails...or letters...yea, don't even ask how I managed to get all those things done.

Shane was th eone who spent most days with me. Of course he had taken time off the company and even Mark stopped by once. He had been picked up and gently laid in the front of some motel by an, oh so mysterious person, back when on the road. As soon as the lady managing the place had seen him, she'd called an ambulance and he had been taken care of.

Good to know not everything Brian says was a complete lie.

Which reminds him I should find him and slap him a few more times. Just for making me have to go through this. It was partly his fault too.

"Shane, do you have any idea where Brian is?" I asked thoughtfully. I really wanted to see hs face. I wanted to see if he was so much the son of a bitch I would start doing evil vodoo to.

Brian looked up from his laptop arching an eyebrow. "Why? And you are not allowed to fool me." he warned suspiciously.

"I want to see it in his face. The hate that allowed this to happen." I said gesturing to my adbomen. "I want to tell him I got shot."

Shane flinched just a tiny bit but seemed to understand. Back in Canada I told him a lot of things abot Brian and sometimes he covered for me. It wasnt like Brian and me did...a lot of stuff but still, he was there just in case. When Sarah died Shane had poured his goodamn heart out with me while I countered different ways go track down, torture and kill Brian. He had been up for all of them, but soon got too distracted, and a little more messed up.

He acted cool and goofy all the time, but everytime I thought back to that trip I was reminded how much he had gone through.

"I'll have to ask dad. I want to go." I didn't argue with him, and only nodded. I tried calling Logan again and sighed when it got sent to voicemail.

"I never pictured you as the stalker kind." Shane said with a frown not looking at me but concentrating on whatever he was doing in the computer.

"Me neither." I said so faintly looking down at the phone." when I looked up his eyes were studying me carefully.

"You won't go mad, will you? I mean, I can't take that. Not from you, and not just you, from anyone. I can't take anyone's love stories seriously ever since Sarah. They just seem to silly compared to what I went though so I don't care or deal or even try to listen to anyone's love life."

I frowned a little offended. "This isn't a love story. There is no love or story in this."

"You sure? You're acting like the guilty girlfriend who cheated. Did you?" he asked frowning still.

I sighed. "Weren't you not interested in love stories?"

"You're my siter." he said flatly. I stared at him for a minute not sure of what to tell him.

I did not cheat or eve though about it. But i knew something had changed. This had changed between me and Logan and between me and Ryan. Ryan didn't melt me anymore, neither did Logan, and at this point Brian was as cold and an iceberg, but there was something with Logan that I wanted to fix.