Mission: Not Falling In Love With Him (25)

Last chapteeer!

I totally did not proof read it. That's it for the mission :') I was thinking of a second part, you know continuing the story, but I'll think about it.  Thanks to you who liked this story and followed it and read it. I hope you like this. :) tell me what you think

READ< COMMENT<VOTE

peace out! :)

********************************

Mission: Not Falling In Love With Him (25)

Chilis night. It had been a while.

Dad had been too worried about me to even think about chilis night. When I suggested we do one he choked on his coffee, mom dropped the bacon plate and Shane literally fell off the chair he was balancing on. They of course had agreed.

I checked myself in the mirror again. I had a soft beige mid-tight dress on with a gray open sweater on top. My blond hair was in soft curl to my bed back. I looked good. I smiled, but it hurt too much to do it, so I dropped it. I had told my friends to come. I had also warned that I wasn’t ok so they should expect to see me acting normal. They understood, of course, they had all been protecting me ever since I got back. I was never alone.

Logan had kept in touch like he promised. He hadn’t gone away. He wasn’t going back to school; his dad decided home tutoring was safer. He called and texted every day and it felt like he was the only real thing I had going on right now.  Had no clue what we were but I wasn’t dumb. I noticed the looks he gave me, how sometimes he just looked too much.

Admittedly, I did feel better every time I talked to him.

Shanon was excited about it. She said it was improvement and she was up for it. Drake had gotten sullen after I told him about Amanda. He really liked her. He had been so worried all this time and to hear she want he we all thought she was, it hit him hard.

It had been a week since Amanda’s trial, and it had been only after she was officially put away that I had managed to talk to anyone. A lot had happened while I wasn’t there. Chase and Shanon were dating now.

Ryan was…well, he was Ryan. He was relaxed, joking, joyful Ryan, but now his eyes always had a sad touch to them. It’s like his smiles never reached his eyes. When he looked at me, I saw pity. I always expected hurt or hate, but he pitied me. That was worse. I hated pity.

Someone knocked on my door bringing me back to my surroundings.

“Come in.” I called walking to my closet to put on some flat shoes.

“Hey sis,” Shane poked his head smiling. “You look nice.”

I smiled and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, nodding. “Thanks. How does everything look down stairs?”

“Good. Mike’s here already. Some of the boys too. Mom’s setting the table with two of her friends.” He nodded absentmindedly looking through my desk. He picked up a photo of the family on our Canada vacation. I never looked much to that picture basically because I never sat on my desk. The little homework I did, I hated doing it there. I remembered that photo was taken on our second day.

“And you?” I asked coming behind his shoulder and taking the photo from him to throw it in the trash. The noise it made seemed to swallow Shane who kept staring at the picture.

“Hmm?” he mumbled.

“How are you?” I repeated sitting on my bed.

“I’m ok.” He said absentmindedly. He picked up the frame and took the photo off it. “Mark’s here, he wants to say hi.” He finally looked at me as if nothing had happened. He sat next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.