Mission: Not Falling in Love with Him (19)

It's definitely almost nothing but I had this and wanted to post it :) I'm giving up studying for my social studies final first because it is seriously not even worth repeating what the teacher has said for the past month, and second because I feel like writing this :D not a good example but yeah whatever.

enjoy! I'm working on next part as you read :) 

******************

Mission: Not Falling in Love with Him (19)

I felt a pull in my stomach and grabbed it taking deep breaths. It felt wet where my hands touch and one look down made dizzy with the realization that it was blood. I squinted my eyes and opened them to see Logan running to me.

“What are you doing here?” I said hoarsely. He didn’t answer. I took his hand making him snap his eyes to me. “Why are you here?” his face twisted in pain and he gave me a sleazy smile.

“I couldn’t be away from you.” His eyes went back to the wound and there was a new resolution to them. He took me in his arms easily and started walking away from the scene. I tried pulling my way out of him but soon felt my head throb. “You’re looking too much blood, Nat. He must have hit and artery or something.”

“You shouldn’t have come.” I said.

“You’d be the only one dead if I haven’t.” I rolled my eyes.

“I would have shot him.” I said. Truth is I wouldn’t have. I had frozen and that was a big mistake. It may cost me my life now. I had never frozen when it mattered and I had to freeze to a guy pointing a gun at me.

Logan snorted. “He’d be walking out proudly if it wasn’t for me.” I wanted to say some snarky retort but everything at the edges turned a little darker. My head swayed painfully with ever step Logan took. Closing my eyes helped ease the pain…

“Hey!” I felt my body shaking and looked up at Logan. “Do not close your eyes, you hear me?” He was so agitated. Just to make it better I nodded but if he wasn’t looking I could maybe just rest.

We reached the road and I saw lines of black SUVs parked. Logan hesitated for a second but went to the closest one. It was locked. He looked around and then back at me. With reluctance he set me carefully on the ground.

The sun beat the crap out of me just being sitting on the ground. I saw a trail of red water on the hot concrete and looked away. Yeap, too much blood.

Logan came back, and carried me to the passenger seat. Was too tired to tell him I could walk. He looked me up and down painfully. I lightly pushed him away and closed the door. He jumped on the driver side, fumbled a little with cables and then raced down the line.

I looked at him surprised. “Did you just jack the car?”

He looked at me with a grin. “I didn’t become a wanted guy only for the charms.”

“Charm’s out of the equation.” I moved and looked in my back pocket. This would be funny. I pulled out a single key and showed it to him.

He looked at it and then sighed. “You couldn’t have done that before.” He shook his head and smiled. His eyes softened looking at me. There was something there that made me keep looking. When I looked back front there was a car coming our way. Black tainted windows, black van. That can never be good.

Logan quickly dodged it making me bump with the window. He apologized and I reached or the glove compartment. Bingo. I checked the gun and turned painfully to look at the van still following us. Logan looked like he wanted to protest, still I rolled down the window and looked back pointing the gun to the van. I shot the two front tires and at the windshield. That made the van derail sideways and I shot the third tire.

“Drive fast.” I said and moved clutching my stomach. I breathed deeply calming the pain. I felt sore now and I knew I wasn’t lasting much. “I told you wasn’t that bad.” I said with a smile.

He pushed the gas farther. After that I can’t say I remember much. It was mostly a blur. I started feeling cold at one point. Then when I felt really cold I felt the car come to a stop, I heard some yelling and strong arms took me again. I could barely open my eyes now but I could smell a strong fragrance. Someone flashed a light to my eyes and I flinched. Impatient hands brushed my hair until I heard some doors opening and then it was just me and a lot of noise. But the noise didn’t last long…