Mission: Not Falling In Love With Him (18)

Don't you just love Christmas?! XD ahh well, I do! who want another chapter? :)

Sorry for any grammar mistakes, if there are, I hate correcting.

********************

Mission: Not Falling In Love With Him. (18)

It was an easy half an hour ride to where I thought Amanda might be. It was a decrease a couple miles after the place where Brian had taken me and Shane. It wasn’t very noticeable in the map unless you knew what you were looking for and really know how to read maps. Spending days watching maps grew some kind of sixth sense in me.

I told everyone to scatter around the little cave at the bottom of the downhill. I had to do this alone. Amanda had been well trained and I had to face her.

“Dad, I want you back in here to look out for this area—“

“No.” he shook his head frantically. “Not leaving you.”

“Hey, put on the bodyguard suit for a minute here and get this: I have to go alone. She may not know I know what she is really into and having you there is just going to make it worse. She knows I’d have tried to find her on my own.”

Dad frowned analyzing it. “I see your point but because she’s been lying to you I can’t risk you.” He started shaking his head again.

“What’s the worse she can do?” I said snorting.

He didn’t laugh. “Do you really want me to answer?” he said sobered.

We stared at each other for a full minute. It was a test of strength almost, the one that could make you look away first. He blinked and shook his head no.

“Either you let me go alone and I get Shane out of this alive or you go in and risk all three of us getting killed. Your choice.” I said. I was going in without him even if he chose to come. I would tie him down if I had to.

“Nathalie, if you don’t come back…”

“I will.” I said and smiled. I grabbed a gun from the compartment and snapped it checking the bullets. I took a whole extra set and tucked it in my pants and shoved the gun in the waistband in my back.

“Sometimes I believe I taught you too well.” I smiled and he followed resigned and handed me the radio.

“Under any circumstances are you allowed to go in. An hour can go by and you cannot go in there. Understood?” I said and one by one everyone answered. I handed the radio back, kissed dad and mumbled I love you. “Hide everyone.” I said and walked downhill to the little cave hidden by wild trees and bushes. There were shoe tracks on the ground, two sets: one perfectly looking, a perfect walk, and another dragged line, Shane most likely. Slowly I made it to the entrance that was hidden behind some branches.

“Hello! Amanda?” I called inside trying to sound as innocent as possible. There was some movement inside and suddenly a red head peeked from the side with a scared look.

“Nat!” she cried and lounged to hug me. I held her for a second as she faked some crying. I almost felt sick of holding her like everything was ok. “Thank God, Nat! I thought I was never getting out of here!” she said pulling me back. I plastered a fake relieved smile on my face and stared into her eyes. She looked frightened at me but just behind it was a light of amusement.

I grabbed her shoulders lightly so that I couldn’t pull away and said “Amanda, where is Shane?”

She looked at me puzzled and cocked her head to the side. “Nat-I thought—I tough Brian took him.”