Mission: Not Falling In Love With Him (22)

So... long time no read. I hope to whoever likes and follows this store likes this part, and comments, and votes :)

I know it's alot to ask when I just dissapear and update months later but pleaasee.

Hope you enjoyyyy

***************

Mission: Not Falling In Love With Him (22)

No gun, no knife. Damn shame. It could have been perfect.

I waited outside the door to Amanda's room in the hospital. She had been hospitalized and was heavily guarded 24/7 with special bodyguards from dad's company and state police officers.

Fighting with Brian had suddenly left me without words to say to Amanda. I had gone past the point of remembering her as my friends to where she was the evil agent on a mission to kill me. It worked. I felt no regret or guilt when I pictured myself killing her.

Shane had gone in first, of course, and after ten minutes I finally got to enter. She was alone in her room connected to bunch of wires and machines. Cuffs on both her wrists. That must not be comfortable. Good, I thought. I stayed by the door waiting for something. She had her eyes closed so I just stayed there.

At once, all those emotions I thought I had left behind came back to me.

This was the same friend that I had relied on, the same one who had been my crazy awesome party partner, the one I loved almost like a sister.

This was also the one who almost killed me, Logan and my brother. She is part of the reason I'm all messed up.

"This is as good an open as you can get." She spoke hoarsely but her voice carried throughout the room.

"I had my open, I took it, and now it'd be one sweet ride for you." Her eye slowly opened and that vicious smile slid on her lips. I wanted to punch her stupid smile off her stupid face.

“You look better.” She said lightly as if talking to a friend. “Why are you here?”

“To let you know that I don’t care anymore. Not about what happens to you, what they do, or if you get killed. I don’t.” It sounded even lamer when I said out loud. The worst part was that in some level I knew I was lying. I knew I would still care if she got killed. But the humorless laugh that left Amanda’s lips silenced any thoughts I had.

“And what in the world makes you think I care?” she was using that tome we used to joke on Shanon. It made me angry.

“I know it doesn’t.”

“So you came here to say it out loud to what, exactly? To convince yourself that you don’t?” so close to home. I felt my throat closing on me. “You know you will care, and next time I come for you I won’t fail.” Her voice, although relaxed, sent a shiver through me because now I knew just exactly what she was capable of.

I thought about Shane being in danger again. I thought about Logan having to go through this, and I knew I couldn’t let that happen. Logan couldn’t go through this again. “You won’t.” I stated taking two steps forward. “Amanda, whatever slim chance you believe you have of getting out of here, you don’t. Not only is there no way around what you done, but if by a miracle you do get out, you won’t get far. You have no one out there, and you well know I do. As soon as you get out you will be as good as dead.” My voice had taken a menacing edge, one that didn’t come out much. Amanda’s face had gone very still. She was watching me, almost calculating if my words were true. She knew they were. At least she had seen enough to realize that I had more connections that she did.