Hermione

Hermione

The sun was bright in the windows as she opened her eyes. Her head hurt in an unhealthy way and she was still arguing with herself about how stupid it was to remove one's inhibitions. People have been know to turn into cannibals and perform ritual sacrifices if they devolve enough. But Parkinson was adamant. Everyone had to drink it, no exceptions. They needed to let go of their animosity to see what really lies beneath.

She sighed. Of course, she remembered nothing after the liquid passed her lips. Seamus said that they had a choice when they woke up. Denial or knowledge. The potion was to learn about what really matters. What they really want and like. Nothing would hold them back. No reputation, no old feuds or house affiliation. Seamus even said that they wouldn't question genders anymore. It's made to let your heart rule you, not your head.

She was worried about something really obvious and asked, "Seamus... we can't drink anything that takes anyway our right to consent!"

"Oh... no, Hermione! It doesn't always end in sex. I've just talked to Dean all night long before. It doesn't make you drunk or have a diminished capacity! It's just... truth. Yeah, most times people take it, shit happens. Lots of sex... but it's more about freedom and easy talking. You can say no and the other person won't be offended. It's all about heart... not sex. Though sex is really good."

Seamus even did a demonstration the night before with Dean. They spent the whole time, talking, kissing and holding hands as they revealed some saucy secrets to each other and their likes. But the whole twelve hours... no sex. It was fascinating. She and many others were still skeptical. There were secrets which no one wanted to share. A couple Confidentiality Spells and the binding oaths that what happens in the Eighth Year Dorm, stays there, and most were placated into agreeing.

Parkinson was the one who demanded everyone drink it, lest there was someone who wasn't on the same terms. Malfoy had been last holdout after her, but the Slytherins collective pressure on him, made him agree, though he was very unnerved. She rolled her eyes at his hesitation, but he drank it, and so did she.

She hadn't explored her surroundings. She knew that she was in the room she shared with Ron. It was her bed and she was under the blankets. He was definitely interested in trying out the potion. He wanted to take the next step in their relationship. She didn't feel different, so she assumed that she hadn't had sex. Maybe they talked through all their wants and problems. Things had always been hard between them. They were never on the same wavelength and it took a battle before she could finally accept him. It was a great kiss, but since then the passion was missing.

She finally sat up. She was in her panties and that was it. Her skin felt a flicker of contentment and softness. She didn't bother to cover her bare breasts. She felt free of her bra and smiled, despite the slight pounding of the potion side effects. 

Seamus would be offering two potions in the common room. Truth or Denial, he called them. The Remembrall Potion or a Hangover Potion... the drinker's choice to deal with the headache. Hermione knew that there was no way that she would deny her memories. Truth was a rare thing.

But as she looked, there was no one in Ron's bed. Hermione realized that there was someone was next to her, hiding behind her pillow. Someone with long, dark brown hair, a thin feminine body and light-cocoa skin. Someone who wasn't Ron.