Harry, Part 3

Harry, Part 3

Malfoy stopped. Harry wasn't sure what he was doing when he called to him, but he felt that he had to try, again. He couldn't just let him walk away. This morning was a shock, and Malfoy had time to adjust to it.

"I think we should talk," Harry said.

"Do you?" Malfoy sneered. He was still turned away from him.

Harry wasn't blind and could see how tense he was. "Hey... I'm not trying to be a jerk. Hermione figured it out. How long before everyone else does?"

"You told her?"

"I just said she figured it out, Malfoy. People talk. We both disappeared."

"That's what the Confidentiality Oaths are for, Potter."

Harry sighed. Malfoy still wasn't looking at him. "Look... I heard what you said... this morning... that I would think you set this up... I don't believe that."

Malfoy finally whipped his head around, and his body slowly followed. He was pissed. "Do you?"

"Of course, I don't. Why would I...."

"Pansy helped to set this all up, remember? We're fucking Slytherins. All we do is trick you arrogant pricks! This was all just a game. So, just forget about it, for both our sakes," Malfoy said, with such desperation, that even Harry could tell he was losing it.

"I don't believe you. You couldn't fake freak out this morning, Malfoy, and I highly doubt any plan you and your friends came up with involves us sleeping together. Not to mention Hermione and Parkinson."

Malfoy blushed and looked away, now looking as frustrated as he felt. "It doesn't matter. That's what I'll tell everyone who asks."

"Malfoy... come on. Why?"

"Why? Why? You stupid fucking idiot! Do I have to spell it out for you?" he spat, his angry eyes finally locking onto him.

Harry bristled and growled, "I guess you do."

"Because... Potter... you fucking moron," Malfoy hissed, slowly. "It doesn't matter if that potion was on the up-and-up. It wouldn't even matter if we didn't take it at all! That is exactly what every... and I mean... every fucking person will think happened. I'm a fucking Slytherin. A fucking Death Eater! Half those fuckers think I belong in Azkaban... if not in my family's crypt."

"Hey... it's not...."

"Yes, it fucking will! The headmistress already has to screen all my owls for hexes. Do you think it will get any better once they realize an evil asshole like me touched you? Tell me you're not that naïve, Potter."

"I'm not. I just learned to not give a flying fuck what anyone but my friends and family think."

"You don't have any family, Potter," he spat.

Harry glared at him, and Malfoy didn't take it back.

"What? You thought I'd suddenly become a different person? Well, I didn't. Leave me alone, Potter," he said and turned to leave, again.

Harry's heart clenched, and then he reached out and grabbed his shoulder to stop him. "Malfoy...."

"Don't touch me!" he hissed and pulled away from him. "Salazar, you are clingy. We got f'ed up and fucked, Potter. There's nothing else to read into it. Forget it happened."

"I don't think we can do that. You're getting pretty worked up over this... maybe we should...."

"No... there is no we anything, Potter."

"There's obviously something between us...."

Malfoy laughed. "Is that what you think? We had hate sex, Potter. Look it up."

Harry rolled his eyes. Merlin, why was he bothering? "I highly doubt that."

Malfoy's cold eyes zeroed on him. "Fine. Let me spell this out for you, then. Maybe that potion did loosen our inhibitions. Hell, maybe we had some great sex... but you forget who my father is... and what he'll do to me and you if he ever finds out."

Harry swallowed. "I didn't think...."

"Yeah, no shit. Now understand... that potion made me forget myself. And listen very closely, Potter. I will never choose you over my family, you fucking mudblood." 

Harry's heart hardened at his words, and he spat, "Get the fuck out of my life, Malfoy." 

His ex-lover didn't bother with a response and left.