Dean

Dean

It was nearly midnight. So far today, there had been four fistfights, five curses and six emotional breakdowns requiring the Draught of Tranquility. Not bad, considering the craziness that had broken out the previous night. The common room was surprisingly empty. Most of the eighth years had retreated to their private quarters. Almost all of the couples that got together the previous night were avoiding each other. Luna, Ginny, Justin and Neville were the only ones in there besides him and his boyfriend. They all were cuddling in their own corners, holding their partners.

"It's quiet," Seamus mused, as he ran his fingers across his short, curly black.

"Mmm," Dean said, basking in the attention.

"So, I'm winning by like twenty... that means...."

"You get twenty kisses?" Dean said, chuckling.

But Seamus leaned in to kiss him. "I can get those whenever I want," he said, cheekily.

Dean sighed. The bet, which Dean thought he knew his friends better, was for more than kisses. It was for control, leading the scenes. Dean didn't mind Seamus taking lead, but twenty-seven to seven meant that Seamus was getting a month of it. He sighed.

"So... it's clear I won... just not by how much," Seamus hedged.

"That's not true," Dean insisted.

Seamus laughed. "No regretting your hasty bet last night, honey. You said that the winner got that many nights by the difference between our numbers. And there aren't enough people to bet on anymore, so I automatically win, even if I lose the rest. And let's face it, honey... they aren't going to change their minds. So... it's my turn... for a few weeks."

Dean jerked his head to stare at the wall, pissed. He hated losing. Seamus was right. There was only a handful remaining that had refused the potion. Harry, Ron, Malfoy, Ernie, Zach, and Goyle hadn't taken the Remembrall Potion or hadn't come out of hiding. Some had trickled in later on in the day or changed their minds, but there were only six remaining. Six wasn't going to cover the divide. He was screwed... or rather... going to get screwed... for nearly a month.

"See? So... I think that you should start paying off your debt... tonight," Seamus said, nibbling on his neck.

Dean pouted. He hated losing but saw no way to win. Six wasn't enough.

"Come on... accept my victory and then we can go play."

Dean grumbled and was about to declare him the winner but stopped himself. There was one thing that he had to his advantage. Seamus was an insatiable gambler. He cleared his throat. "Double or nothing."

Seamus perked right up and smirked. "Stakes?"

Good question. "If you win, again, then you get forty nights... if you lose... you lose all your wins."

Seamus nodded. "You mean that you would get... seven nights and I would get zero?"

"Yep... well... wait..." Dean said, realizing that he could get more. "I bet that the remaining six will drink the Remembrall Potion... so they would be added to my score."

"Fourteen days? My, my, that is a risk."

"For both of us... double the pleasure... double the risk, Seamus. Are you brave enough to accept it?"

Seamus smirked. "Of course, but if your wins count towards you... mine does, too."

Dean's eyes narrowed.

"Also... there are three conditions. First... no pressuring or shaming them into it."

"Okay."

"No spiking anyone's drinks with it or tricking them."

"Yeah."

"And they have a week to change their minds... we can't play this out forever."

"Two weeks," Dean countered.

"Fine... two."

"Same rules apply to you, then."

"Alright, last chance. I could wind up with forty-six days, Dean."

"I willing to take the chance. I could get two weeks out of you," Dean said.

"We shall see, my love. We shall see," Seamus said as he kissed Dean.