Ginny, Part 2

Ginny, Part 2

Ginny sat on the loveseat with Luna, blissfully remembering their night together. She had been getting really close to Luna during Snape's reign as headmaster. They planned everything together and Ginny had been ignoring the fact that they were in love. Luna hadn't. She said that she knew it all along and told her that she had to figure it out.

But it all seemed to point to Harry for her at first. He was her obsession and then one of her boyfriends. But Harry was larger than life sometimes. He had everything that she could want. Looks, reputation, bravery, and loyal, but he wasn't romantic. He was afraid of girls, of all things, and was a complete blockhead when it came to courting. He couldn't understand what to say, if it didn't involve a wand or a life-and-death decision. He also wasn't the least bit creative or expressive. Not like Luna. She was smart and loved to paint and design. Ginny hadn't even noticed how much she had been comparing Harry to Luna and deciding which she'd rather have.

It was an easy choice. Luna was a different kind of brave and undoubtedly loyal. The fact that Luna waited for her to realize it, showed her that she was patient. And her words last night... so sweet. Ginny sighed, happily remembering them again. Luna was waiting for this moment, and Ginny didn't care if the potion got the words out. She was in love with the beautifully eccentric girl. Someone who was as strong as her and loved her back. That wasn't Harry. They both realized that the second they drank the potion.

It was Harry that said, "We shouldn't be together. I'm gay. I'm sorry."

"Well... I think I am, too. Are you going to be okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I have to find him. Good luck, Gin. You'll always be my sister," he said, hugging her and walking away.

She had no idea where he wandered off to as her eyes fell on Luna, twirling in front of the fire. The flames lit up her face with a red glow that made her shiver. Beautiful. Ginny went over to her and took her hands.

"I love you. I have since we started school. I'm sorry... I just thought we were friends."

"I know! The wrackspurts are all gone, now," Luna declared.

Apparently, the potion didn't stop her cryptic sayings. "They are," Ginny smiled and kissed her.

She didn't really want to pay attention to anyone else after that. Hermione and Pansy made out, surprising everyone, but not as much as Ron had. Ginny was a bit shocked to see Ron publicly grab another man's cock, and even more surprised that two Slytherins were groping him back. They almost took him in the common room, but Nott carried her brother up the stairs.

Luna had turned her chin back to her and told her not to worry about him. It didn't take long for Luna to convince her to go upstairs for a night that she would never forget. They could openly talk and soon pulled off each other's clothes. Touched each other. Ginny had never felt such sensations before, and she wasn't exactly innocent when it came to that kind of stuff.

Ginny stared at Luna, now, on the seat next to her. Luna asked, "What are you thinking about?"

"Last night," she whispered.

Luna smiled. "No regrets, right? Now that you remember?"

"Regrets? I regret ignoring my feelings for you for so long. I'm sorry."

"No... no Gin. You needed to work out a few things. You and Harry needed to understand that you didn't belong together. He went off to fight Voldemort and if something had happened to him... it would have marred everything. You would have felt guilty, beyond words. No, they needed time," Luna said, sagely.

"I guess. Oh... speak of the devil. It's Harry," Gin said. Harry looked too perfect. She deduced he was wearing a glamour, but he walked over to the table and took the Hangover Potion, much to Dean's delight. He and Seamus were betting on who was going to deny their memories. Dean had lost every time. She was a bit surprised that he refused his, but she swallowed hard when he came over to her.

"Gin, are you alright?" he asked and looked at Luna. "I mean... are you both happy?"

"Yeah, Harry. I am... we said that we... didn't want each other last night," she said, guessing Hermione had told him about her and Luna, and then pressed, "You didn't want your memories?"

Harry snorted and wouldn't meet her eyes. "I already know what happened. I just wanted to make sure that we are good. And not to be a jerk, but it's probably best if you move in with Luna or Hermione. Ron's probably going to stay with me."

"He's hiding, isn't he? Is he a Gryffindor?" she hissed, annoyed at her brother.

Harry grimaced. "Even Gryffindors get scared, Gin." He swallowed the rest of his headache potion, set the goblet on the table and went outside.

Ginny watched him leave, confused, and realized that Harry might have been talking about himself. "Oh, hell. I wonder who he was with?"

Luna smirked and said, "I don't have to wonder."

AT is almost over.....