Ron, Part 2

Ron (Part 2)

When Ron heard the door open, he cracked the loo door open and saw it was Harry. "Harry!" he nearly shrieked, running out to him, holding his cloak tightly around his neck.

Harry jumped, startled by his sudden appearance. "Ron? What the hell? What are you doing in my room?"

"I waited until Ginny and Luna left and hid in here!" he said, starting to panic. They had almost seen him when they came out, holding hands.

"Fuck, my head... what? Did you say Ginny and Luna?" Harry said, rubbing his temples.

"Yeah, sorry, mate. They didn't see me, though," Ron said, and then he locked the door with his wand, for good measure.

Harry didn't look upset or freaking out like he was, but he did look crushed and a little debauched. His neck was covered in hickies. He definitely wasn't alone last night and he wasn't with Ginny. Harry just nodded and then looked at him.

"So, what are you doing in my room?"

Decent question. Ron took in a breath. "Harry, please... you're my best mate. I need your help. I hurt all fucking over, and I need you to promise me that you won't tell anyone!"

Harry was rubbing his head with his hand, but dropped his hand and looked up at him, serious. "Yeah... okay. No problem. What's up?"

Thank bloody Merlin, Harry was his brother. His hand still clenched his cloak together. "I... can't get it off."

Harry tilted his head. "Okay... what?"

Ron bit his lip and knew he was going red. He slowly let go and pulled the cloak back enough for Harry to see the collar. Harry's eyes rose up in surprise and shock, but to his credit, he wasn't laughing.

"You can't get it off?" Harry confirmed and pulled his wand out.

"I tried like ten different charms! The Severing Charm, Reducto... hell even Sectumsempra! I nearly nicked my neck trying. Please, Harry!"

Harry stepped forward. "Alright, calm down. I'll try, okay?"

Ron took another deep breath, as his eyes filled up with tears. "Please."

Harry tried. Spell after spell, ones he hadn't thought of, but the collar stayed on his neck. Harry looked frustrated with every spell and finally put his wand away.

"I'm sorry, Ron. I can't think of anything else."

"Harry... I can't leave this thing on my neck!"

"I don't know what to do, Ron. Hermione might be able...."

"I can't ask, Hermione!" he shrieked and started crying. "Bloody hell, she's going to kill me! That fucking potion... Harry... what am I going to do?"

Harry held up his hands. "Breathe, Ron. Calm down. Hermione is an understanding person. She will help you, no matter what."

"I didn't wake up with her, Harry!"

"Yeah, I guessed that. I didn't wake up with Ginny. Maybe they found other people, too. It might mean that we don't belong with them."

Ron shook his head. "I love her, though!"

"Ron, we both do. Maybe it's just as a sister, though?" Harry prompted. "Maybe you're meant to be with... whoever you woke up with?"

Ron flinched and shrieked, "No... no fucking way! It's not happening!"

"Stop yelling! My head hurts enough. I was just saying... that potion was meant to...."

"It was a trap! I would never... I'm going to kill Seamus!"

"Whoa, calm down, mate. It can't be that bad!"

"It is that bloody bad!" he screamed, again.

"I didn't exactly wake up with who I expected Ron!" Harry spat, indignantly. "I can understand."

"No, you bloody can't! It is humiliating! Don't you know what people are going to say?"

"I imagine quite a bit, but we have the Confidentiality Charms up, so breathe."

Ron shook his head and then froze when there was a knock on the door.