Pansy, Part 3

Pansy, Part 3

Pansy walked down into the common room, after she changed. Her headache was already gone, thanks to the blonde wonder, who had run away to sulk. Several heads turned her way, which she already knew why. Enough of them would have accepted the Remembrall potion, and she was certain her reputation as the resident bitch was on the line. None of her fellow Slytherins were in the room. No doubt they were dealing with their own morning-after regrets.

"Parkinson... what'll be?" Finnegan called from the table.

She glared, but came over. "I'm in no rush."

"Sorry, thought you'd want to get rid of yer headache."

"I already did. Perks of having Draco as a friend. He knows his potions."

Dean looked at her, interested. "Is he coming down?"

"I highly doubt it. Did you see him last night?"

"Well, now that you mention it...."

"Hey, we can't tell ya anything, if you don't get yer memories back... that's cheating."

"Oh really?" she sneered enough to make them flinch. "Give me the bloody potion."

The Gryffindor was astonished, but handed it over. She swallowed it in one go. There was a sudden head rush as the cloud over the memories faded and she remembered. She remembered watching Granger and Weasley say goodbye. She remembered deciding to walk over to her, and of course, remembering how she offered up a teary apology and a cringy declaration of love. Salazar... she didn't even know she could be that sappy. Granger was flattered and immediately taken by her.

She shook out her memories, and her eyes narrowed on the Irishman. "Did you see Draco last night?"

He smirked. "No... he disappeared quick. Sorry if you didn't wind up together... but you seemed pretty into Hermione."

"What? Oh, no. I'm not straight. I'm just... worried about the prat. But if you didn't see him... then I don't need to worry."

"He's not coming for his memories?"

"No. I had to practically blackmail him to drink it. He said no, I was just worrying about... damage control."

Dean leaned forward. "So... we were surprised you accepted yours."

Her eyes narrowed on them, and the boys tensed up. "I'm not going to have other people know, while I'm in the dark about it. There's no point to deny it."

"Nah... not after that. You made out with Hermione in front of everyone. Seemed... scandalous that resident pureblood queen tongued the muggleborn princess," Finnegan said, with a smirk.

"Watch it, Gryffindor. I can still hex you into next week," she spat, but the Gryffindor just smiled.

She walked toward the stairs, resolved to locate Slytherin backup before appearing in the common room, again.

"Pansy!"

She turned and the Weaslette and her crazy friend came over. "What?"

"I heard you ask about Malfoy."

"What do you care, Red?"

She blushed a little. "Harry rejected his memories, too."

Pansy's eyebrows raised, but didn't confirm anything. "So?"

"So... we can put two and two together. Harry disappeared last night, too."

Pansy looked around and, thankfully, no one was nearby. "Keep your theories to yourself, Gryffindor."

"Calm down, just trying to help."

"Help?"

"What, you don't want them together?" Lovegood asked.

"I... yes... I do, but Draco won't budge. He's convinced it won't work."

"Ahhh... yeah. Harry was really upset. He wandered outside to cool down."

"Potter is out there? Draco just stormed outside before I came down."

Weasley whistled. "Well... maybe they'll run into each other, but if not... we can help."

"You'd... help?" she gasped. Potter's ex wasn't offended at all. Were all Gryffindors so welcoming?

Weasley... or rather, Ginny smiled. "Of course. Those idiots are made for each other."