Hermione, Part 3

Hermione, Part 3

Hermione took a deep breath and stopped at their door. She paused, bracing herself for this moment. Zabini and Nott were tricky ones. Unlike Malfoy, neither had publicly taken up cause with the Death Eaters. Nott's father was one, though he never declared for him. Zabini's family was even more horrifying. His mother was the real-life incarnation of Mrs. Peacock from Clue, Hermione thought direly. She did smirk, though. No one but Harry and Dean would understand that reference.

But good heavens... with a murderess and Death Eater as parents... what kind of people are they? She had to admit that Zabini was the most... social of the Slytherins since school started. He came down to the common, unashamed and unrestrained. Nott usually watched and looked ready to hex anyone. He was protective. Perhaps they were decent, but then again, they put a collar on Ron and locked it. That wasn't okay.

She steadied herself, ready to read them the riot act, and knocked. She heard footsteps and the door opened. Zabini smirked when he saw her and chuckled. He had no shirt on, and Nott was on the bed, also shirtless.

"Granger, why am I not surprised? Do come in. Theo, you owe me a galleon," he said, smiling proudly.

Hermione's eyes narrowed, as she entered the room. "For what?"

"Oh, he said Potter would come down first," he chuckled.

She glared at him. Zabini was an arrogant one. Vying against Malfoy for top spot as the "cutest boy" if the gossip in the common room was to be believed. Definitely a pretty boy, with the confidence to boot, as he cheekily grinned at her.

"I want you to tell me how to remove it," she growled.

"Remove what? Pray tell?"

"You know what. Don't play coy. You had no right to lock that on him."

"And... I don't see how it's any of your business, Granger. This is between Weasley and us."

"He doesn't want to speak to you and shouldn't have to, if he doesn't want to, especially after what you have done."

"He has no idea what happened and has no right to judge us on it, does he?" Nott growled, standing up.

Hermione eyed him. Zabini had fine, smooth skin, but she could see several scars on Nott's body. She had to wonder why, but she was here for Ron. "It's his prerogative. Just because...."

"Just because what? Again, you're overstepping. If he doesn't want his memories, fine, but don't go blaming us for it all," Nott growled. Zabini watched him, almost cautiously.

"You can just tell me how to take it off," she insisted. "You forced him to do this... to wake up with it on... that is crossing the line."

"Oh, really?" Nott sneered.

"Yes, I do."

"Well, I suppose waking up with Pansy in your room was quite a venture for you? Were you guys naked? Did you start it or her?" he prompted.

Hermione went white. She was trying not to think about it. "That's between her and me."

"Huh, strangely, that's what I just said. And you get off telling us that we're crossing the line? When Ron stops being a coward and comes here, we'll tell him and no one else," Zabini cut it.

Hermione straightened up. "Look here. It may not be my business, but if he doesn't feel comfortable talking to you, you have no right to make him do this! If I need to bring up what happened in my room to offer up something to you, then fine. But you both are... pricks... to make him crawl back to you and beg!"

She balled up her fists and nearly had the urge to punch them or hex them, but thought the better of it. She turned and walked to the door.

Zabini reached out and grabbed her arm to stop her. "Granger, wait. We didn't say he had to beg, but what happened in private. It's not for you to hear about. It's between us. He needs resolution, because I'm guessing that he isn't going to get his memories back. He won't ever get over this, if he doesn't accept what happened. You, as his friend, should see that. We didn't hurt him or force him into anything, Granger. We wouldn't. I know you don't know me-us, but we convinced Weasley that we... aren't evil. Can you trust that?"

She gave him a critical look. "I don't understand why you can't give me the password spell and we can resolve this later." 

 "I'm sorry, but it won't work it that way," he said, with a finality. 

She sighed, seeing that she would not convince them, and left, disappointed.