Hermione, Part 2

Hermione

Hermione followed Harry's eyes to look at the bathroom door and realized that Ron really only had one other person to seek help from after her. She looked at Harry, accusingly and he lowered his head, guiltily. He protected his friends, even from his other friends.

"How bad is it?" she asked.

"Bad," he whispered.

She sighed. Ron was always the more emotional member of their group. Harry had anger, but Ron was the one who got jealous, sad, angry, irritated and panicked in the blink of an eye. They always had to deal with his tantrums, but now it was shame and maybe guilt. She couldn't blame him. He wound up in bed with two Slytherin guys. He probably had been denying his feelings for a while now and was afraid of her reaction. She wasn't upset by it all. The potion had been helpful in them figuring out that they don't belong together.

"I don't care, Harry. You know that, right?"

"I do. I never doubted you," Harry said, still looking at the floor. He hated lying to her.

"Are you going to stop me?" she asked, and he shook his head.

She walked over to the loo door and placed her hand on the door. "Ron... I know you are in there... please come out." She heard a small yeep and some mumbled swearing. "Ron... I'm here for you. You don't have to be afraid."

"Please leave..." he pleaded. She could tell he was crying. Usually, she would honor his request, but she had a feeling that only she could console him. Harry was not suited for that task.

"Ron... I know you don't remember what happened last night between us, but I do. We drank the potion... you turned to me and said, 'I do love you, Hermione. I really do, but as my best friend and my sister. You took such good care of me, but I have to find someone that will make me happy. Someone who completes me, and that isn't you, I hope you understand.' And I do, Ron. I told you that I wasn't interested in a relationship with you either. So, I'm not mad, and I can help you... as your friend, Ron."

Ron took a breath and was quiet.

"Come on, open the door."

"But... it was always you..." he sobbed quietly.

"It was always me, because I've been with you for eight years, and you trust me. You wanted someone and I was convenient and, in some ways, you were convenient for me, too. But we both found other people last night. People that we would have never thought of, but we did. I know who you wound up with, Ron, and I know you are freaking out. But it's going to be alright, okay? And you can't spend the rest of your life in the loo."

She heard more swearing.

"Ron?"

"You're not mad?" he whispered.

"I promise I'm not. I just want to hug you and reassure you... as your friend."

Ron sniffled. "So, we're... broken up?"

"Yeah... I'm sorry to do this through the door, but I'm not going to deny what happened, what was said. I think that's what I always felt and just stayed with you, because... that's what was expected of me. We could have a long, happy life together, but it would be a sham. I think we both like other things," she said, softly.

Ron let out another sob. "But... there were two of them... Hermione. What is everyone going to say!?"

She sighed. "Everyone already knows Ron, and there was enough wild stuff last night that you weren't the only one who was found someone they didn't expect. Please open the door."

Ron whimpered, but the door handle finally turned. Hermione waited as Ron slowly came out and she pulled him into her arms. She hugged him tightly and whispered in his ear that he was going to be alright. She did wonder what was digging into her neck, but didn't ask.

"I don't know what was said... but you looked very happy when you left. Zabini and Nott talked to you for nearly an hour. They must have really talked to you... cause you... made out with both of them, and well... you were enjoying yourself... and didn't care," she said, awkwardly, not wanting to panic him more with the truth.

Ron pulled back and sniffled. "It's not that they're guys... or that it was two of them. I mean, I'm embarrassed, but... they... claimed me. Hermione. Claimed me like I'm their dog! While I was under the potion!"

Hermione's eyes went wide as Ron revealed the object that had pressed into her neck. A collar. Oh, Merlin.

This part was a little rough to write as it has strong non-con elements. Bear in mind that they had full consent under the potion. He just can't remember what happened. So, sorry I'm walking the line closely. He was not drunk or high. We're getting back to the fluffy... eventually... and flashbacks, smirk face. Also sorry, I'm busy at AT and can't write much until the end of the month.