Chapter 25: Try It Out

It was now the third day of Internships, and while Izuku was training under the retired hero, Gran Torino. Kyoka on the other hand had other plans... She had decided to train under one of their teachers, surprisingly.

"GET UP, LISTENER! IT'S TIME TO PATROL!" Present Mic's booming voice shouted through the door, causing Kyoka to jolt awake and groan. This was the third day this had happened and she still wasn't used to the man's voice; it was almost as if she'd be deaf by the end of this for Christ's sake.

"SHUT IT, MIC! I HAVE SENSITIVE HEARING, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT!" She shouts back, causing the blonde haired man to realize what he was doing, and mumbled an apology.

"Er, it's a force of habit. Sorry, Listener." He said as Kyoka exited the room she was staying in, glaring at the man as she passed by him. "Anyways, today we're going on patrol. I want you to get some field experience, Jiro!"

Kyoka smiled, "Finally! I've been wanting to go on patrol since I've gotten here! All we've done is talk about the ins-and-outs as well as the side jobs!"

"Those are also important parts of the job! But I understand your excitement, let's get to it! Get your costume on and meet me downstairs in a few, we'll get breakfast along the way because..." Present Mic started, before grinning and pointing out of a nearby window to the Tokyo Skytree.

"Today we're heading out into Tokyo!"

Back with Izuku, he was currently laid out on the ground, beaten and gasping for air after another intense sparring session with Gran Torino. The man was relentless with his training, but at least Izuku was gaining better control of 8%, and on top of that he was creating his own style stemming from Gran Torino's.

"Hmm... If you keep fighting against nothing but my old tactics, you'll develop some bad habits. I think it's about time for phase two..." Gran Torino said, cupping his chin as he grinned a bit sadistically. Izuku gulped out of pure fear for what the man had in store. "Time for the actual internship!"

"YOU MEAN THIS WASN'T!?" The greenette questioned as his body ached at his sudden movement. Gran Torino laughed before pointing to Izuku's costume case.

"Hehehe! Put that on quickly, because we're gonna be heading out to Shinjuku. Crime around here is next to nothing, so we need to patrol a denser populated area." Gran Torino instructed, causing Izuku to flinch slightly. They'd be passing by Hosu if that was the case, and... Iida would be nearby.

'Maybe I'll get in touch with him...' Izuku thought as he put his hero costume on for his patrol. As he finished and went outside, Gran Torino was already waving down a cab for them that had just pulled up. "Ah, we're getting there via bullet train, right?"

"Yep. Prepare yourself for the trip."

The two men sat on the train, Izuku pulling out his phone and texting both Iida and Kyoka, getting a response from Kyoka but not Iida, only to realize how late it'd be when they got to Shinjuku.

"Is it okay that we're getting in at night?" Izuku questioned, concerned for how late it was. Gran Torino smiled like the funny little man he was and nodded.

"Night's perfect! There're sure to be more incidents now. It'll be fun!" He replied, smiling goofily as he sat comfortably in his train seat. Izuku smiled and nodded along nervously. They definitely had different meanings of what "fun" even was.

The greenette sighed before he read and smiled at Kyoka's text. It seemed she was having fun interning under Present Mic, aside from his loud voice, it was a lot of fun for her. However, his lack of response from Iida was concerning.