Chapter 17: The Sports Festival Part 1

Izuku stood outside of the massive stadium in pure awe. Thousands upon thousands of people walked past him as he headed inside to get changed into his gym uniform.

After finding the changing rooms and getting changed he headed for his class's prep room. When he entered he saw his fellow classmates sitting around at the tables, Kyoka was nowhere to be seen quite yet.

The greenette exhaled in relief, before trying to grab his classmates' attention. He was student president after all.

"U-Um..! Are you guys ready? The event's going to begin shortly." He was informed, being completely ignored by the class. Everyone was too busy having their own small conversations.

'Of course no one listens...' He deadpanned internally. He was going to head over to the table where Iida and Uraraka were already sitting before a voice stopped him.

"Midoriya." A voice called, with a bland tone. Everyone quieted down as they too were in shock. The person calling out to the greenette was none other than Shoto Todoroki, and if memory serves him right he was one of the strongest in the class. Along with Izuku and Bakugou of course.

"Todoroki? What's up?" He questioned, turning to face the dual-haired boy. Bakugou eyed the two of them up, seeming like he knew something was about to go down.

"Objectively speaking, I'm stronger than you. More capable." He stated, the bland look on his face never leaving. If this was another sort of declaration of war Izuku wasn't going to be having it.

"I'd say that's a matter of opinion." This time a female voice spoke up, Kyoka had finally arrived in her gym uniform. She glared at Todoroki, who matched it without fail.

Izuku stood between the two before Todoroki let out a "Tch", and turned back to Izuku. He glared at the boy, staring deep within him.

"All Might's got his eye on you, doesn't he?" He started, causing the greenette to grow increasingly alarmed. "Now I'm not about to pry into why that is, but... I will beat you."

Bakugou glared at the dual-haired boy, he was starting a war with his own classmates. But Bakugou understood his reasoning, everyone is on their own for this.

Izuku simply matched his glare, "You can try. But I assure you, I will take the top spot."

Kyoka smiled at Izuku's profound confidence, he was ready to declare victory before the match even started, and that infuriated both Todoroki, and Bakugou. The greenette had grown a pair, and it was likely thanks to a certain girl standing behind him. Kirishima soon walked over and placed a hand to the boy's shoulder. Bakugou continued to silently watch this unfold.

"Hey man, why pick a fight right now? We're about to go on." Kirishima questioned, trying to stop the two from unnecessarily fighting. Kirishima wasn't one to pick sides but he had a feeling Izuku could beat Todoroki if he tried hard enough.

"I really don't care. I'm not pretending to be anyone's friend here." Todoroki responded, shrugging off Kirishima's hand. He had a goal, and he was dead set on making it a reality.

"Honestly Todoroki, I'm not really sure why you felt the need to tell me that." Izuku started, causing the room to go quiet and listen in once again. "You're a very strong person, there's no doubt. But objectively speaking even if you are stronger..."

The boy then locked his eyes with Todoroki, his gaze was intense and sent shivers down those witnessing them. It was the trademark Izuku Midoriya glare.

"I won't lose to you. I won't lose to any of you." He stated, turning to the rest of the class and intentionally locking eyes with Bakugou specifically. "I made a promise, and I'm going to keep it. I'm giving it all Ive got!"