Chapter 18: The Sports Festival Part 2

'Why is there so much pressure!?' Kyoka thought as she noticed that all the students surrounding her were beginning to glare at her. Aside from Izuku, who was simply glancing at her with worry. She was going to become a target.

This match was going to simulate the dog-eat-dog society of heroes they would soon become a part of. Kyoka was one of the main targets of the rest of the students and none of them would want to team up with her.

In fact, many of the students flocked both Bakugou and Todoroki, begging to be a part of their teams. Everyone was sticking to their own classes and teaming up with one another quickly.

"Izuku, please team up with me..." Jiro practically begged, gripping onto the boy's collar. She had shook the boy back and forth with tears in her eyes as she didn't want to be outcast like this and have to team with Mineta of all people.

"That was already my plan, Kyo... I think we can have a versatile quirk advantage." He stated, gripping onto the girl's hands on his collar. The girl smiled brightly, causing the boy's heart to clench way too hard.

Izuku coughed up blood and was brought to his knees, somewhat resembling All Might. This girl was way too cute!

"Eh!? Izu, are you okay!?" She questioned as a certain frog girl made her way over to the two of them. The couple before her turned to face her with questioning gazes.

"I want to team up with the two of you. I have Midoriya to thank for saving us from the villains at the USJ, it'd be wrong to leave you two in the dust." Tsuyu stated, causing the two of them to smile brightly. Good they had a third member.

"Thanks Tsuyu, I really appreciate it." Izuku stated, as Kyoka clung to Izuku's arm. She was getting a bad vibe from this situation, she was grateful for Tsuyu joining their team, but somehow this was giving her a bad gut feeling.

"Hey, guys!" And there it was. Uraraka shouted over to the three of them as she ran over, waving her hand in the air to grab their attention. "Can I team up with you guys too?"

Kyoka so badly wanted to say no, but she knew she couldn't. How would they get another teammate? At least she'd be able to work with Izuku.

"Yeah, sure. We need all the help we can get." Kyoka stated, before turning to Izuku who had already begun muttering about some kind of plan. She used her jack to snap him out of it. "Mind sharing your plan with the people who can't understand your ramblings?"

"A-Ah! Sorry about that... I think I have a plan that might help us win, but it's a little crazy." He turned to the three girls, and specifically looked at Tsuyu and Uraraka as he already knew Kyoka's answer.

"Do you trust me?"

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Kyoka questioned, as the team got into position, with Uraraka in the lead. Tsuyu and Izuku stood beside the girl as she tightened the headband onto her forehead.

"Positive." Izuku said, giving all three of the girls a confident smile. "For now, this is the best way to keep our points. We don't need to steal others, we just need to survive. Stealing points comes as a luxury, as we're going to become a massive target."

Izuku had explained to them his great plan, and with his and Tsuyu's strengths at their disposal, along with Kyoka's ability to use her jacks in combat, as well as to disrupt a teams whole flow with her vibrations, this was the perfect plan. Uraraka just made everything fall together for them.

The purplette gulped in nervousness and nodded. This was their only chance, and they had to make it count. They needed this win!

Kyoka could hear a few of the other students beginning to plot to steal their headband first and make a break for it. Unluckily for them, Izuku had thought of countermeasures to all of their plans. The guy really was smart, maybe even enough to rival an intelligence quirk like Nedzu.