Chapter 13: Love Turns Into Impatience

Izuku had been walking with Kyoka per their normal schedule, however she had been eerily quiet the entire time. He wasn't sure if it was because she had been mad at him, or if she had something wrong.

Surely she would tell him right..? Right? "Um... K-Kyo? A-Are you alright?" He asked the girl. She had been deep in her own thoughts thinking of the day before at his admittance of jealousy. She was concerned if that meant he had liked her or if he was just being a protective friend, honestly she could see it being both.

"H-Huh? Y-Yeah, I'm fine..." She said looking at the boy's worried expression. "Just got a lot on my mind, y'know?"

Izuku wondered what could be on the girl's mind. Perhaps she was thinking about the battle training, or maybe it did have to do with what happened yesterday..

"W-Well, I'm all ears if you want to talk about it." He'd suggest, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. Kyoka stopped walking and pondered the idea of asking the boy upfront. She would have her answer, but perhaps at the cost of her friendship with the boy. Or perhaps she could be more discreet about it and spare herself the embarrassment. Izuku had turned as Kyoka stopped walking, she had been looking at the ground in thought before locking eyes with the boy. Her gaze was quite serious, so he turned to face her.

"Izuku, do you like someone?" She'd ask, very straightforwardly. Izuku froze in place, it felt as if glass had just shattered in his head. How should he reply? "Yeah you,"? No! That would lead to him getting turned down in a moment's notice. Izuku didn't know how to respond with words, so he just simply nodded as his face tinged with a light pink. Kyouka quirked a brow at this, could it be someone in their class? Was it her?

'OH IF IT WAS URARAKA!' Kyouka unknowingly scowled, which made the greenette in front of her panic.

"O-Oh! Sorry, uh... I-Is it someone in our class, or...?" She questioned, walking up to the boy so they could continue their walk to UA.

"S-Something like that, yeah..." He mumbled, looking away from the girl. This was way too embarrassing to admit to her. What if he let it slip and she was weirded out..?

"O-Oh... W-Who is it..?" She asked a bit nervously. Truthfully she wished that it wasn't someone else, she had a feeling that he'd like Uraraka as they were getting increasingly close to one another as the days progressed.

Izuku probably didn't even like her, what was she thinking... There's no way he would like a flat chested tomboy like her, she had nothing really in the looks department... Izuku was just a guy who preferred that kind of stuff wasn't he? Izuku screams internally as his mind runs a mile a minute. Should he just tell her the truth and get it out of the way? He wasn't one to lie but he also didn't want to risk losing her at all... She was way too important to him and he only realized that he liked her because of the talk he had with his mother last night.

"It's a bit weird right now..." He admitted through a sigh. His mother glared at him, something that was rare in the Midoriya household.

"What happened?" She asked, her tone implying that she was demanding an answer. Inko was worried that Izuku might have done something to the girl, or worse she did something to him. The boy flinched at his mother's tone, but complied regardless.

"I... I think I l-like J-Jiro, mom..." He admitted. He looked away from his mother as her eye's both sparkled with joy, and brimmed with tears.

'Hisashi, our little boy's growing up!' She thought, as she wiped her eyes dry.

"Well, it was about time you realized." She said, giggling as her son's face turned a bright red.