Chapter 22: The Date

Kyoka Jiro waited in the living room of her home, waiting in anticipation for her newfound boyfriend to show up. The two had agreed to go on a date seeing as they had a day off, and Izuku wanted them to spend a day together as a couple much to Kyoka's delight. The boy was really sweet when it came to matters like this, and made it a point that he'd be as punctual as he could to meet up with her and head into town to go window shopping. They made a plan to go around town and eventually stop at a certain cafe that he was really excited to show her. Kyoka looked down at her phone when she realized that she didn't really have any photos of the greenette. Perhaps today while they're out on their date she should try and get a photo of them together, it would be a nice memento of their first date after all.

Mika Jiro watched her daughter pace around the living room, whilst staring at her phone deep in thought. She giggled softly at her daughter being seemingly nervous to go out with that green fluffball, but opted not to disturb her this time. She's been through enough already and deserved a nice break to spend time with her future husband.

"Do you need some money?" Mika asked, snapping Kyoka out of her trance. The girl shakes her head at her mother, she had money saved up and was planning to use it now for this very occasion.

"I'm good on cash, thanks though, Mom." She said, before the doorbell suddenly rang. 11:30 AM sharp, just like he said. Kyoka rushed to the door, taking a deep breath before opening it to reveal her green-haired boyfriend standing there clad in a green flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and black denim jeans.

"H-Hey, Kyoka. Ready to go?" Izuku questioned, admiring his girlfriend's outfit. She was adorned in a red checkered crop top sweatshirt, with jean shorts, black chucks, and a matte black choker. She wore a gray beanie atop her head and decided to wear some light makeup to try and wow Izuku, and boy did it work. "Y-Y-You look r-really g-good K-Kyoka!"

The girl giggled at his red face. He was flustered after taking in her appearance and already looked like he would/could faint at any moment. It felt nice to have him compliment her even if she was just wearing something casual. "Thanks! You don't look so bad yourself... Let's get going, yeah?"

To be perfectly honest Kyoka was feeling a bit nervous about what he would think of her choice of clothing, but she eventually relaxed as soon as she saw his awestruck face at her appearance. His awkwardness made it obvious that he loved the way she looked and it left her with a warm pleasant feeling of security.

"Ah, r-right! L-Let's go then, we don't want to miss the train." Izuku said, unconsciously taking hold of the girl's hand. Mika, who was watching from inside the house, smiled at the boy's boldness, and how her daughter's ears became tinted with a light pink. These two were really made for one another.

"Have fun, kids! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

"So, how'd your folks take you winning the Sports Festival? Apparently my dad screamed about knowing you while watching the fight between you and Bakugou." Kyoka questioned as the two of them walked hand-in-hand to the train station.

Izuku chuckled while imagining Kyotoku shooting up from his seat and pointing at the tv while screaming, "I KNOW THAT KID,". Although the boy couldn't really say much for his parents' reactions, when looking back on it all he could picture was his mom fainting at every possible climactic moment, while his father tried to get her to wake back up in a panic.

"The only reaction I could've expected was that my mom had passed out repeatedly. As for my dad, well... I'm not sure. He said he was proud, but it seemed as though when we talked about my quirk that he had no idea about me being diagnosed as quirkless." Izuku stated, causing Kyoka's eyes to go wide. Did Izuku's father really have no knowledge of Izuku's quirkless past?