Chapter 30: Chamber of Reflection

Oh and the universe most certainly did. Izuku stood beside Bakugou as All Might towered in front of the two of them with his all intensive trademark cheshire grin. In most instances the smile would be a symbol of comfort, but only now with these two boys would it strike fear into their hearts.

Suddenly a certain raven-haired girl made her way over, quickly grabbing onto the ash blond's shoulder in order to grab his attention. Bakugou would slowly turn around, his eyes widening in surprise as it was Momo Yaoyorozu of all people who had dared interrupt.

"U-Uhm... N-Not that you needed it or anything, but I-I just wanted to say good luck, Bakugou-san." She stated, a light blush dusting her cheeks as she attempted to avert her gaze from the boy. Izuku watched in surprise as the blond's expression went from his usual anger-filled expression to one of confusion. "I-I think you can do this."

"Uh, Thanks? I don't need it, ponytail, but... Thanks. I'll show these clowns who's gonna be number one." He expressed, nodding to her as he turned back to the 7 foot tall man that stood before him. Momo would turn to Izuku with sparkly eyes of joy that his plan had actually worked.

Izuku smiled and gave the girl a thumbs up before she walked to her test location with a warm smile on her face. As the greenette turned back to All Might the man had pulled out an odd looking wristband out of... Izuku didn't even want to think about where he was hiding it.

"We had those down at the support course department make us these ultra compressed weighted bracelets. This handicap weighs me down with a whole fifty percent of my actual body weight!" He explained, strapping the wristbands on. "It's a tried-and-true method of slowing movement and draining stamina!"

"But All Might you weigh like-" Izuku attempted to interject.

"Fear not, young Midoriya! This is nothing I can't handle!" He exclaimed, silently wishing that he didn't have to fake this. The weights were really fucking heavy.

"You're trying to bring down the level of this fight? I feel insulted." Bakugou stated, causing All Might's smile to widen sadistically. His blue eyes shined in the shadow of his brow and the man laughed.

"We'll see about that!"

"Would you quit following me!?" Bakugou shouted, angrily stomping around the city block of their training field. Izuku had been trying to get the blond to cooperate but no matter what he just refused to even come up with a plan with the greenette.

"B-But just aimlessly walking into this is moronic! W-We need to-" He attempted to explain before being interrupted by a crackle of an explosion in the blond's hand, causing Izuku to flinch instinctively.

"But nothing! Obviously beating down that old fart is the best option, and I'm not gonna let you slow me down, useless Deku!" Bakugou berated, continuing to stomp through the street. "We'll just tire him out and beat him to a BLOODY PULP!"

"Hhhhh..." Izuku groaned as his patience was beginning to run thin with the blonde. It seemed that he was aware that with All Might's old age he was beginning to slow down and was on the ropes more times than he'd like to admit. "Still, this is All Might we're talking about! Even with his handicap neither you, nor I could beat him, Kacchan!"

Bakugou's eye twitched with annoyance and before anything else could have been said Bakugou swung his gauntlet covered arm as hard as he could straight for Izuku's face in an attempt to slap the absolute shit out of him.

Izuku was quick to react, grabbing onto the blond's arm in an act reminiscent of their first battle training and made quick work of slamming the blonde onto his back. Something inside of the greenette had snapped, and as he looked at the blonde on the concrete beneath him all he could see was red.