Chapter Three: I Just Go With The Flow

Jiro hadn't seen Midoriya since that day, perhaps it was due to the arrival of Spring break, but they had texted pretty regularly despite his embarrassment, he seemed to always be too busy to meet up. It was odd, what activities could a nerd do to keep him busy for that long outside of school? Jiro decided to just ignore it and go for a run at Municipal Beach, sure there was a lot of trash, but it helps as an obstacle course. Maybe she could get into doing some parkour... It would be beneficial to the activities she'd have to do as a hero.

As she headed to the beach, she heard grunting and metal grinding. Peering over the guardrail, who else does she see besides her broccoli-headed friend? What was he doing here, and lifting up such heavy home appliances at that? Was he avoiding her?

"Wh- Midoriya!?" She called out. Midoriya, who was carrying a fridge on his own, looks over and puts the fridge down. "What are you doing here? Is this why you've been blowing me off!?"

"A-Ah! Jiro, strange seeing you here, huh?" He replied walking up the stairs to where she was. He knew she would assume he'd avoid her, but he couldn't let her find out about his secret training with All Might. The main questions she had were; why was he here? Why is he so god damned ripped!? Seriously, the transformation that he went through really was surprising. Was he out here working out all those times she invited him to hangout?

"Well, I was going to do some training but what the hell are you doing here? Are you cleaning the beach? And how'd you get so jacked, dude!?" Jiro asked. Normally she wasn't one to pry into people's business but this was quite the big change from the Midoriya she knew! He's even stuttering less, this had to be some sort of miracle.

"Yeah, I-I'm cleaning the beach. It's a part of my training regimen to become a hero! I'm doing this to help apply to U.A." He answered, rubbing the back of his neck. Jiro was quite confused, how was strength alone going to help him pass the test with no quirk? It wasn't that she didn't think he could, it just seemed more implausible without a quirk.

"Wait, aren't you quirkless, Midoriya? How are you planning on passing?" She questioned further. Just then a scrawny blonde man appeared from the parking lot, calling down to the greenette before her.

"Young Midoriya- O-Oh, who's this? A friend of yours?" He asked in his deep, raspy voice. Midoriya nods, and turns to the man, with Jiro following in suit. Who was this man?

"T-Toshi-san, this is Kyoka Jiro, A friend from school. Jiro, this is Yagi Toshinori. M-My uh... Trainer?" Saying that last part as a question started to make Jiro get suspicious. She squinted her eyes at the greenette, causing him to grow increasingly nervous. Perhaps the spike in his heartbeat wasn't exactly from the exercises.

"Right.. So 'Toshi-San', how do you plan on helping Midoriya here, get into U.A. if he's quirkless? Not to say that I don't believe in him, but I'm curious. What's your plan?" All Might visibly flinches. Should he tell her? He looks to Midoriya, and the look in his eyes tells him he can trust her.

All Might sighs and prepares himself for another long explanation.

"WHAT!?" Jiro exclaimed, her eyes practically bulging out of her head. To say Jiro was baffled was an understatement. She looked to Midoriya for confirmation and he nodded. She looked back to All Might, then to Midoriya who had an intense look on his face. She sighed.

"Well, Midoriya, you have your work cut out for you. Seriously man, what have you gotten yourself into?" She says, looking at him with growing concern before scratching her head and sighing. "But I guess I have no choice but to keep your secret. Though, now that I know this might be a great opportunity! Why don't I join you in your training? I need it anyway if I'm to pass the exam too."