Chapter 1

"Will you forget me Meliodas.. if I die?"

"What are you talking about? You've still got your whole life ahead of you, you don't have to worry about dying yet"

"I know but, it'll happen eventually, it happens to all humans.. but you're a demon so you'll live longer then me, so when I do die.. eventually.. will you forget about me?"

"such a silly question, of course not, you're my whole life and the reason why I'm even in the alliance with Elizabeth and the others"

"Do you think you'll really be able to end the war?"

"Well, their's only one way to find out my love... it's time for me to go"

"I'll be right here, waiting for you to return"

"I know you will"

~

"Meliodas!"

"Stop it! She hasn't done anything wrong!"

"Meliodas don't hurt them! Ah!"

"Stop!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH"

"LIL-"

"-ITH!" Meliodas shot up in bed, sweat drippings down his face

"Sir Meliodas!" Elizabeth rushes into the room

"What's wrong?" Hawk ran in "why are you screaming?"

"...nothing.. just a bad dream" Meliodas tells them as he catches his breath

"Sir Meliodas you're covered in sweat, are you really ok?" Elizabeth asks worried

"Yeah don't worry" Meliodas grins "you should get back downstairs, we should be arriving in Vanya Village soon"

-

The three leave the tavern as Hawk's mama buries herself where they stopped. Together the three of them headed to Vanya Village.

"I buy my liquor from all over, but Vanya's alcohol is in a class of its very own" Meliodas tells Elizabeth

As they cross the bridge Hawk looks over the side "Wait a moment... The river is completely dried up"

The other two look over.

"And the herbs along the banks are wilted" Elizabeth adds

When they arrive in the village their were villagers all gathered in the center of town.

"There are so many gathered here. It must be a festival!" Elizabeth says cheerfully

"Hey what's with this festival going on?" Meliodas asks one of the man

"Does this look like a festival to you?!" He questions angrily then looks at Meliodas closer "Oh, its you that owns that travelling tavern that comes by sometimes. We're trying to pull out a Holy Knight's sword that's been thrust into the ground!"

"A Holy Knights sword? What happened?" Meli asks

"The other day" The elder of the village speaks and they look over to him "We incurred the wrath of a Holy Knight. His sword has been infused with magical powers, it has sealed off all the ground-water sources. At this rate not only is there no water, but we'll lose all the grout and without that, no more Vanya Ale and we'll be unable to pay our taxes"

Elizabeth looks at Meliodas "Do you this it's that same knight from before?"

"You've got to be kidding" Meliodas chuckles "He doesn't even come close to a real one"

A small boy walks past them.

"What's everyone looking so down in the dumps for?" He asks with a smirk

"MEAD!" The villagers call out glaring at the boy with hatred in their eyes

"What's the big deal about some Holy Knight's sword stuck in the ground? If my friends, The Seven Deadly Sins, were here they would be able to take that sword of the ground with no problem at all" Mead says

 The villagers yelled at him.

"And just who's the one that caused all of this in the first place?!"

"Of all things, to mention those criminals' names!"

"Have you no sense?!"

"This is all your fault, Mead!"

"Don't offend the Holy Knights any more than you already have!"

"What do you have against us?!"

"Well!?"

"Wha... What the heck? I didn't mean to" Mead says backing away from the villagers slowly.

"We've had enough of all your pranks and lies!"

"Mead, you idiot!"

Villagers yell and children begin to throw rocks at the boy, but suddenly a girl runs over and quickly bends down, she hugs Mead shielding him from the rocks, the kids immediately stop throwing rocks.

"B-Big sis" Mead stutters

The girl stops hugging him and smiles to him "Are you alright Mead?"

"mhm" Mead nods "I'm fine"

The girl stands up "that's great"

Meliodas's eyes widen and he stares at the girl. Hawk and Elizabeth notice, they look at each other confused.

 Hawk and Elizabeth notice, they look at each other confused

"L-Lilith" Meliodas mutters

The girl turns to the group "huh?"