Chapter 11

The next day the tavern was once again on the move, Diane was walking outside next to Hawk's mom, talking to her. Ban, King, and Gowther sit at the bar while Meliodas stands behind the counter.

"Hey Cap'n.. where are we headed to this time?" Ban asks

"Could it be you've got a lead as to the next member?" King questions

"nope" Meliodas turns to them looking serious "We're gonna sneak into Liones.. and get back my sword"

The three sins and Elizabeth looks surprised.

"Your sword..? You mean the one stolen from you with the dragon hilt?" Ban questions

"...they stole your sword?" Lilith asks

"Yeah, you were asleep" Elizabeth tells her

"We can't just leave it in their hands. We may only have r members gathered, but with the five of us, the mission should be totally possible!" Meliodas slams his fists on the counter "who's with me?!"

"Too much bother" Ban leans back "I'll pass"

"It's your own fault it got taken away from you captain" King lays his head on the counter

"It is your responsibility" Gowther agrees

Meliodas pouts and pits his head underneath Lilith's dress, hugging her legs "comfort me"

"cap'n!" Ban shouts

"There there Meliodas" Lilith pats his head

"Don't encourage him!" Ban shouts at her

Elizabeth smiles and Hawk shakes his head. Meliodas retakes his place behind the counter and Lilith sits in front of him.

"The sword stolen from me, or rather it's dragon hilt, is a fragment of a ritual instrument called the Coffin of Eternal Darkness, it's an old legend" Meliodas explains

"Long ago" Gowther starts "the goddess race, giant clan, fairy folk, and mankind joined forced to create this relief that sealed away the demon race"

"Then.. the Holy Knights really are planning on bringing the Demon Race back?" Elizabeth asks

Diane is listening through the window "If they have your sword, do you think they've already revived the Demon Race?"

"It's a pretty strong seal. I'm sure there will be some kind of sign" Meliodas replies

"The sign!" Hawk shouts shaking "The sign! It's here! I ate too much"

"You just gotta take a dump!" Ban shouts

"Hawk, are you alright?" Elizabeth asks concerned

"I have to go release this seal" Hawk starts to walk away "that reminds me.. ugh.. why do they want your sword.. and Elizabeth too? I don't.. ugh.. get it" Hawk mutters "what use.. ow.. would she be.. to them?"

"That's simple, she's the final key to lifting the seal"

Everyone quickly looks to see a Holy Knight mage behind Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth!" Meliodas shouts

The Mage teleports away with her.

"Damn it!" Meliodas shouts

The sins and Lilith all run outside.

Meliodas turns to Lilith "get to Vanya Village and stay there"

"W-what why?" Lilith asks

"I'm storming the capital and Vanya is the safest place for you right now" Meliodas explains quickly "so get moving"

"But I wanna help" Lilith argues

"You're helping by staying safe" Ban tells her "you're not like us Lilith, we'll come get you once it's safe"

"...you're just gonna ditch me again" Lilith says before running off "just like last time, I can't do anything"