Chapter 27

I'll be honest, I forgot where I was going with this, so i'm uh figuring it out as I go.. I had to reread it.

"Yes I am Meliodas," Meliodas smirks "remember me as the one who killed you."

Lilith smiles "I will."

The demon Meliodas was taken back before plunging his hand though her chest, killing her. Lilith opened her eyes to see herself in the same room as before.

"What?! That's it?!"

Lilith turns to see Zeldris standing beside her, looking angry.

"What do you mean?" Lilith asks confused

"You just let him kill you?" Zeldris questions "You're a priestess, fight damn it!"

"I won't fight him," Lilith says

"Oh yeah," Zeldris disappears "let's see how long you keep that up."

"Priestess!"

Lilith sighed before exiting the room.

"Took you long enough to get out of bed sleepy head," Sora jokes "we got the harvest to bless."

"Yes," Lilith smiles

-

"It's been 3000 years since the Holy War..." Meliodas told the sins "But during its midst... For the sins... Elizabeth and I, this is the punishment they set upon us. Me, for assisting the goddess clan, the sin of betraying my own comrades and killing them. And Elizabeth, as one of the goddess clan, for uniting with one from the demon clan.. we were punished."

"Punished? By who?" King asks

"Both of our gods" Meliodas replies "The one who controls the demon clan, The Demon King. The one who governs the goddess class, The Supreme Deity... me and Elizabeth lost our lives."

"I still don't know how much time passed, whether it was one day or a few days, but I woke up... Together in the position I died in and my wounded body had been completely restored to normal but Elizabeth lay dead beside me" Meliodas explains "The only thing I knew was that while I was unconscious, the Holy War had ended"

"I wondered through the battle-torn Britannia, ravaged by the Holy War for awhile before I met Elizabeth once again, she didn't have any wings like the Elizabeth who died, but she looked exactly like her. Something inside me told me it was her, but when I hugged her she punched me away so I figured out soon enough she had no memory of me" Meliodas says and closes his eyes

Meliodas continues "So this Elizabeth was apart of the Savage Tribe, we got to know each other and begun to share things... the love curse-"

"Hold it, what love curse?" Ban asks

"The love curse took over and I kinda fell in love with her. One day, Elizabeth's right eye underwent a transformation and at the same time her powers awakened, along with the symbol of the goddess clan, the power to heal also manifested itself. Elizabeth was reborn" Meliodas continues "I told Elizabeth all about her past life and that triggered Elizabeth's memories of her previous life beginning to return in fragments.

And soon the goddess symbol began to appear in the left eye as well. She told me she remembered everything and I was so happy... She told me we had been cursed... then 3 days later... Elizabeth died right before my eyes.

They cursed us with Eternal Life and Perpetual Reincarnation, I will never again age and even if I should die, I will be revived and Elizabeth will continue to live out short lifespan as a human and each time she will forget all memories of her previous lives.

Whenever she regains her memories then no matter what happens, even if I try to protect her after three days, she will die... It's unavoidable... Every time she returns she will meet me and fall in love with me, and then I fall in love with her.. that is the love curse."

"What about Lilith?" Ban asks "You said you were lovers in her past life."

"I didn't even know Lilith had a past life," King comments

"In Lilith's past life, she was a priestess in training," Meliodas tells them "she was blessed by the goddesses."

"Humans can be blessed by the goddesses?" Diane questions

"Yes," Meliodas nods "If Lilith's soul was ever consumed by a demon, they would possess uncontrolled power.. but that never happened. Lilith was killed by her own people, for falling in love with me."

"She was burned," King states "I heard of villages doing that back in the time of the Holy War."

"Lilith was the one who taught me life was sacred, and taught me the meaning of being a human," Meliodas hung his head "but I couldn't save her.. I was too late."

"So, you fell in love with Elizabeth after she died?" Diane asks

"I did, I never in my wildest dreams believed she would reincarnate." Meliodas tells them

"Then why now?" Ban questions "after 3,000 years, why was she reincarnated."

"Zeldris," Meliodas turns to him "He dug her soul out, that's why she appeared at the exact time you found her. It was meant to happen."

"She's the priestess in the prophecy," King states as he stepped forward "Theirs an ancient prophecy about a priestess awakening to end the Holy War. It didn't happen back then. It meant this one, it didn't prophesize what side won."

"I don't know what Zeldris is planning to do with Lilith," Meliodas stands up "but I won't be too late to save her this time."

"And we'll be with you," Ban says "I don't care about past lives and shit. Lilith is my sister."

"Thanks Ban." Meliodas smiles

"But what about Elizabeth?" Diane asks "What about the curse?"

"I will finally break it," Meliodas declares "this endless cycle will end."

-

"When will this cycle end?!" Lilith shouts as she awoke in the same room for the 11th time "Zeldris!"

"I told you to stop letting him kill you," Zeldris appears beside her

"What's the point?!" Lilith stands up "Let me go home!"

"You don't get it do you girly," Zeldris growls "you can't fight a loosing battle."

"This isn't a loosing battle," Lilith claims "this is what could've been, but it's not what happened."

"You'll just stay here then," Zeldris tells her "until you realize what's happening."

Zeldris disappeared and Lilith shouted in frustration.

"What does that mean?!"

There was a knock on the door, Lilith turned and opened it "What?!"

"Uh," Sora stood there looking confused "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," Lilith took a breath to calm down "let's go."

"Ok," Sora followed after Lilith

In the sky, Zeldris laughed looking down at them.

"Let that frustration build up priestess, you're already starting to crack."