Chapter 22

After a while of all the fights, it soon began to come near an end.

"I am going to win this festival and gain a heart" Gowther says, he's fighting Hawk and Escanor, "If I do that, then just maybe from the bottom of that heart.. I'll be able to feel remorse over your deaths"

"G...Gowther... Is saying some rather alarming things right now I must say" Escanor says, his voice shaking so his whole body is trembling all over

"P...Pardon me!!" Escanor knelt at the end of his stand looking at Dolor and Gloxinia, "I... I simply came here to deliver some alcoholic beverages for the grand battle festivities... I had no intention of participating!! Is there perhaps any way you can just give me a loss by default and let me bow out?!"

"No exceptions will be made..." Dolor says

"You've already been chosen to enter and come this far, how about you grow a pair and show us what you're made of" Gloxinia says with a smirk

"Th... Then please, I beg of you... Change the rules!! I've known Gowther for longer than and although I've recently made acquaintances with Jericho... Both of them are precious comrades of mine!! There's no way I'd be able to fight them to the death!!" Escanor begs.

Gloxinia begins laughing, "I know and that's what makes it so fun!! To have one's wishes granted... A person will do just about anything... No matter how cruel or vile it may be. That's just the kind of species you humans are, to begin with, isn't that right?"

"Ca...Caca...CAPTAIN!!!! Wh...What do I do!?!!!!" Escanor looks at Meliodas

"This is beyond pathetic... I can see nothing but panic and fear within that man" Dolor says

"Captain?" Gloxinia questions

"It would appear that pathetic man and Meliodas are old friends" Dolor says

Gowther attacks Jericho then Hawk

"M...Mr Pig!! Jericho!!" Escanor yells

"Now then... That takes care of any intrusions we might have" Gowther says along with the clapping of his hands like he's dusting his hands off.

"I...I know... Merlin... But... I'm fine with that" Escanor says, "You are not the person that would walk alongside me... When I was drowning in absolute darkness... She was always the one who illuminated the path of my life. that's what sun does and you'll always be my sun!" Escanor stands up and his body starts growing in height and muscle "Gowther..." His voice deeper, "What you showed me just now... Was not despair... But hope...!" He looks at Gowther, "Now, come little sin that takes pleasure in toying with the hearts of others... Retribution for your shenanigans shall be severe...!"

"This is quite an unexpected effect, to think a completely abstracted pseudo-image of the 'sun' in your mind's world would produce such a response," Gowther says

Escanor jumps up holding his hand up to the moon, "Heed my will!! Come to me!! Divine Axe Rhitta!" He calls out and his axe rushes into his head, "Holy Armament, Release!" he shouts and suddenly a bright light like the sun appears above them all

"Bring it on!" Gowther responds

Escanor swings his axe attacking, it leaves a massive gush of wind and dirt surrounding Gowther. However, Escanor was back in the weaker body, but Dolor and Gloxinia were the ones hit and knocked down by Escanors attack.

"Ban grab Lilith!" Meliodas shouts as he jumps down from his stand

Dolor and Gloxinia were both down, bleeding and shocked.

"Enough foreplay... Let's get the real festival started" Meliodas says looking at the two Ten Commandments

Meliodas launches at Dolor, he goes to punch him as Dolor goes to punch Meliodas, Dolor's fist is forced back. Dolor glares at the him and starts punching him with his four arms, Meliodas deflects them easily.

"Meli" Lilith says worriedly

Ban jumps onto her rock

"Come on sis" Ban picks her up "let's get you away from this"

Ban jumps away towards the others as Meliodas jumps up, grabbing his Lostvayne and slices off two of Dolor's arms.

"So this is what you both had up your sleeve" Dolor says standing up looking down at Meliodas

"I was just waiting for an opening," Meliodas answers "A window of opportunity... So that I could pulverize the both of you into oblivion and get Lilith away from you safely"

"If I had chosen to come at you head-on with a direct assault, you two would have been vigilant and completely at the ready with all your faculties intact. Fighting the both of you under those circumstances, no matter how powerful I may be, would have meant my demise... So I came with my teammates to participate in this festival and have a good time... With the hopes that you'd get sloppy and let your guard down, if even for an instant..." Meliodas explains

"I didn't share a word of this with anyone cause I'm well aware that your magic eye can see through even the laid plans. So I sat back, watching intensely and waiting for that opening to present itself... And Escanor.. He sure as hell delivered the mother of all openings..." Meliodas smirks "so now here I am, ready to take you on"

"So that's how it is... if we were to fight you on even ground it would most certainly be an uphill battle from where you stand..." Dolor stands up, "Unfortunately for you, you're one fatal oversight," He adds and his remaining hands wave around, "Giant Embrace!!"

The hands that were used as the stands for the fighting move together and close trapping everyone else inside.

"And just like that, they've all been taken, hostage. Defy me... And I butcher every last one," Dolor warns

"Now... I'll have to butcher you first!!" Meliodas shouts punching Dolor, making the giant stumble over

Inside the hands the group were all panicking and wondering what to do. Ban had his arms around Lilith and Elaine to comfort them. Thankfully a mage trapped inside with them teleported them all away.

"What's going to happen to Meliodas?" Lilith asks worriedly, she turns to Ban "We can't just leave him there to fight them alone! He'll die!"

"Calm down" Ban pats her head "He's the captain, he'll be fine"

They turn and watch the fight on a crystal ball, Meliodas seemed to be winning.

"Well, if we're being precise, he is constantly keeping one of them incapacitated so that they can fight one-on-one at any given moment. Of course, it's only with the Captain's unbelievable raw power that pulling something like this off would be possible in the first place," Gowther says.

"Indeed... Getting his original power back was already enough to fight on equal footing with these guys... But when you add that power of his on top of that," King adds "Things are overwhelmingly in his favor! From where I stand, it seems like he's going easy on them. He's still holding back a great deal"

Lilith stares at the crystal ball looking worried still.

"Uh.. isn't that good Lilith?" King asks "you still seem on edge"

"I have a bad feeling" Lilith looks at him "In my past life I was a mage and a priestess, bad feelings often meant a calamity would fall.. I fear Meliodas might be in danger"

"But he looks like he's winning" King looks back at the crystal ball

"Unless.." Lilith looks at the sky "it means reinforcements are coming"

"You mean the other Commandments are coming?!" Ban asks her

"They might be" Lilith puts her hands together and looks down "I don't know.."