Chapter 13

Meliodas makes his way through Vanya as fast as he could. 'come on Lilith where are you, you've gotta be here'

"Again again!"

Meliodas runs over to the town square where the children were running around chasing purple butterflies, their were hundreds all around. 

"This is amazing big sis" he heard Mead's voice

"Make more make more!" the kids shout

Lilith giggles "their's plenty around, too many"

"Lilith!" Meliodas shouts and runs over to her

"Meliodas" Lilith turns to him "what's wrong? you look worried"

Meliodas hugs her "you're ok.. I'm glad"

"Of course I am, what's going on?" Lilith asks

"Their's no time to expl- wait" Meliodas looks around "these aren't real butterflies" he reaches out and touches one, it disappears in a burst of purple magic "where did these come from?"

"Oh, I made them" Lilith tells him

"You what?!" Meliodas shouts

"yeah, I'm a mage" Lilith says picking up her staff from beside her "though so far I can only create these butterflies, I don't think I have my full power back"

"..how long have you known you're a mage?" Meliodas asks looking scared "and where did you get that staff?"

"A boy names Zeldris gave it to me" Lilith replies "I've known I was a mage since I was little, I just haven't been able to use my powers since I lost my magic staff when I was younger"

"..I thought I hid it" Meliodas mutters to himself "how did he find it"

"Meliodas is everything ok?" Lilith asks worried

"No" Meliodas shakes his head "come on, we're leaving"

"Leaving?" Lilith looks confused "why?"

"It's not safe for you here" Meliodas takes her hand "I need you to be with me, where I can protect you"

"I don't understand" Lilith says

Meliodas leads her away "I know, but you just gotta trust me"

"Alright" Lilith agrees

-

Meliodas, Lilith, Elizabeth, Hawk, Merlin, Gilthunder, Howzer, Slader and Griamore arrive at Istar, the sacred land of the druids. (why the heck did they bring so many extra people with them)

"Yo, Zaneri! You're both tiny as always!" Meliodas greets the two druids Jenna and Zaneri who were waiting for them

Zaneri takes Meliodas's hand and places it on her boobs "Meliodas, I'm so glad to see you again"

"right" Meliodas moves his hand and holds Lilith's hand "Well then, that's enough for the reunion greetings. The reason we're here today is-"

"We already know why you came to the sacred land" Jenna tells him

Zaneri looks at them "Well then Meliodas, Lilith, follow me to the tower to my right" She looks at Elizabeth "And you, too"

"Huh?" Lilith looks confused "why me?"

"Well since you know you're a mage might as well get you your full power back" Meliodas says

The three of them follow Zaneri to the tower waving bye to everyone. They walk into the tower and Zaneri turns to the three.

"Our strength is in here?" Meliodas asks

"Yes" Zaneri replies "Meliodas, you will now be put through a trial. Whether we return your strength or not will depend on the results... These trials will be excruciatingly painful. I worry whether you'll be able to endure it"

"If you say that, it'll only make me more pumped up!" Meliodas punches his hand "I'll take whatever trials you throw at me"

Zaneri nods "Lilith will be put through.. a test of some sort.. whether or not you, Meliodas, are alright with it I'm not sure"

"She'll be shown her first life right?" Meliodas asks

"yes" Zaneri replies "whether or not-"

"It's fine" Meliodas holds onto Lilith's hand tighter

"Meliodas" Lilith looks at him

"You'll be alright, I promise" Meliodas smiles sadly to her

Zaneri sighs before chanting a spell and suddenly a bright white light blinds them. Lilith opens her eyes, she sits up in bed and looks around to see an old looking room.

"Lilith wake up! Mommy's gotta go to work"

"Coming!" Lilith replies getting out of bed

Lilith runs downstairs to see a lady with black hair, the lady looks over and smiles at her.

"I just finished making breakfast, after you eat you can go out and play, but don't leave the barrier" her mother tells her

"yes mama" Lilith agrees as she sits in her chair

"alright I love you honey" her mother kisses her cheek "I'm leaving now"

"Have a good day" Lilith smiles

Her mother leaves the house for work as Lilith begins to eat her breakfast. After she was done she washed her dishes before leaving the house. She met up with some other kids and they all went out to play. They were kicking around a ball when Lilith's friend Yuki kicks the ball too hard and it flies past the barrier.

"Yuki you kicked it too hard" Dale complains

"I'm sorry" Yuki apologizes

"What are we gonna do?" Sora asks "we can't pass the barrier or a demon will find us"

"It's alright, I'll go get it" Lilith offers

"Are you crazy?!" Yuki shouts "the barrier is the only thing keeping the village safe from demons, if you go out there you'll get eaten"

"Oh come on i'm sure the ball didn't go that far" Lilith says "I'll just go grab it and run back in"

"Don't be stupid" Dale says "a ball is easier to replace then you"

"If I run into a demon I'll just use my magic" Lilith tells them

"But you're only a level 6 mage Lilith" Sora argues "it takes 5 level 50's to keep up the barrier"

"Oh come on, I'm not scared of some demons" Lilith says "they're not that much different then any other race, they're not any scarier then a giant or an evil fairy"

"But-"

"I'll be right back" Lilith runs off

"Lilith don't!"

"You're gonna die!"

"We need to go get the Paladin"

Lilith walks through the edge of the forest until she found their ball. 

"See it wasn't that bad" Lilith says as she picks up the ball

"well well well, what do we have here?"

Lilith turns around to find herself face to face with a blonde haired boy with a demon crest on his forehead.

"What are you doing out here alone little girl?"