Chapter 24

A month has passed since Estarossa killed Meliodas, there have been many with the strength, fortitude and will to oppose the demon race, but in the face of the Ten Commandments, there was only little anyone could do. As the days wore on, gradually the numbers began to wither and wane as a wave of darkness eroded away the might of Britannia. 

With the terror of the Ten Commandments casting a towering shadow over all the people of the land... A certain act began to become prevalent among them. They were known for feasting upon the fallen souls, only the strongest souls, they couldn't care about the weaker ones. I began to notice that some would do their bidding to protect their families and others out of adoration for the Ten Commandments. They were offering people up, known as possible Holy Knights once as sacrifices, in hopes they would be spared.

The Seven Deadly Sins have been spread throughout the land helping out wherever they can. King was back at the fairy's forest to protect those there and the others are elsewhere. Elizabeth was at the tavern with Hawk tending to business like usual.

Lilith was with Ban defending a village using her powers as a priestess.

"All clear!" Ban shouts through the village and approached Lilith "the demons seemed to have backed off for now, complete your barrier and we'll head to the next village."

"Got it big brother" Lilith ran off

At each corner of the village Lilith placed a paper talisman hidden to the blind eye. She then stood at the center of the village passing her power into the ground. Suddently a clear magic dome appeared around the village.

"All done!" Lilith says happily

"Finally" Ban stands up "let's get going"

Ban carries Lilith on his back as he runs off to the next village. Any place being attack by demons had to be protected, as the seven deadly sins they were the only ones who could defeat them.

"Hey Ban look" Lilith points to Liones "their's smoke"

"You're right" Ban says "let's check it out"

Ban makes his way through the village with Lilith on his back still. He makes it to the castle to see Meliodas fighting one of the Commandments.

"That's Fraudrin" Lilith tells him

Ban heads up to where the others watching were as Meliodas rushes to Fraudrin, attacking him all over without his clones. Fraudrin, covered in holes, falls to the ground.

Fraudrin tries to stand, his entire purple body shaking "3000 years ago... and when history repeated itself 16 years ago, while you were off dancing in your sweet little dreams... We sat waiting... Biding our time to take revenge against the goddesses and you.. after everything you've done.."

Meliodas pats the purple demons cheek twice "Trust me, I've been in your shoes" He smirks and taps again sending Fraudrin flying into a ruin of a wall then he walks forward "You're a tough nut to crack, aren't'cha?" 

"Something's off... This ain't the Cap'n I remember" Ban says

"Sir Ban" Elizabeth turns to him "Lilith you too"

"Meliodas" Lilith stares in disbelief "he's alive.."

"Yeah" Elizabeth smiles "isn't it great"

Ban puts Lilith down and she stares down at the fight.

"You were never bestowed the title of commandment by the Demon King," Meliodas says "You always were nothing more than chap, third-rate-substitute"

"Zaratras" Fraudrin stands up, getting ready for an attack "Was kind enough to provide me... An inspiration of sorts... So don't expect me to roll over and die quietly!"