Chapter 26

Lilith opened her eyes and turned her head; she was surprised to see the room was made of stone. She quickly sat up and looked around frantically, the room seemed somehow familiar, but she couldn't quite place where she was.

Lilith stood up and made her way to the door. She first stopped in front of the glass, staring at her appearance.

 She first stopped in front of the glass, staring at her appearance

"What in the world?" Lilith looked confused "this looks like.."

Lilith walked out the door and made her way outside the house. Her eyes widened when she found herself in her village of 3000 years ago.

"Priestess!"

"Good morning, Priestess!"

"Lilith!"

Lilith looked around at the villagers as the greeted her, it was exactly the same, everything was. 

"Took you long enough to get out of bed sleepy head"

Lilith turns to see Sora standing there grinning at her "Sorry.. are we late for training?"

"Training?" Sora looked confused "Maybe you hit your head harder than we thought, we got the harvest to bless."

"Isn't that the Paladin's job?" Lilith asks confused

"Lil do you have memory loss?" Sora put his hand on her head

"Sorry, I'm just not following.." Lilith pulled back

"The Paladin died, and the title was passed to you, you're our head Priestess Lil" Sora told her

"W-What?!" Lilith shouts

"Are you ok?" Sora asks worriedly

"I just.." Lilith turns away "Give me a minute"

Lilith ran away and hid in a secluded place.

"Their's no way this is real, I've gotta be dreaming" Lilith tells herself "This didn't happen in my past life, I died before I could get to this point."

"That is correct"

"You!" Lilith turns to see Zeldris "Why am I here?!"

"So many questions so little time" Zeldris sighs then smirks "This, little priestess, is what your life would've been if you never met my dear brother Meliodas."

"We're under attack!"

"Demons!"

"What?!" Lilith stood up quickly

"Oh, looks like they need you, Priestess" Zeldris says mockingly

"But how am I-" Lilith turns to see Zeldris was gone "here.."

-

Meliodas and Ban stood on top of the tavern staring out at the road ahead of them.

"Elaine is already at her limit... If we defeat Melascula on top of that, it's unavoidable... So at the very least, I want to be there with her in her final moments..." Ban says and Meliodas starts to say that he knows how he feels, but Ban cuts him off, "You know how I feel? Having to let the woman you love die all over again?"

Hawk lifts up the hatch "We've got a problem! It's Elizabeth!"

The three of them follow Hawk inside to see Elizabeth being held back by Diane.

"Let go of me, Diane! I have to hurry... And let them know!!" Elizabeth shouts, "Please!! I need to let Meliodas know that Barzad has been bitten by a werefox!"

"What's happened?!" Meliodas shouts running over

"Captain! Elizabeth just suddenly started acting strangely" Diane explains

"There you are Meliodas! The knight has sent word for you... That Barzad has been seriously injured" she says with a smile

"...It can't be... You..." Meliodas says

Merlin walks over "Let me see her" She takes hold of Elizabeth's chin "Princess Elizabeth, do you know who I am?"

"It's been a long time, Merlin... I hardly recognized you... Looking so young..." Elizabeth says "Are you still living by yourself in Belialuin. Did you come to see Meliodas again today?"

Elizabeth suddenly faints and Meliodas catches her. He walks upstairs to her room and places her down on her bed. The other sins follow behind him looking worried. Meliodas kneels beside the bed looking at her.

"Merlin... Do you know the cause of this?" Ban asks

Merlin looks at the rest of the group "This is probably the effects of Zeldris' magic from when she freed me from his curse yesterday"

"Does that mean it's moved on to Elizabeth now?!" Diane asks panicked

"No" Meliodas replies "her memories have started to return"

"Y...You mean her past lives?! That's incredible!!" Diane shouts

"Past lives? What are you talking about?" King asks

"This is gonna shock the pants off of you King!" Diane says "Apparently Elizabeth has been reincarnated dozens of times over the last 3000 years, each time losing all her memories of her previous life! That's why she was saying she wanted to get back her memories of her past lives to us earlier."

"Watch your mouth, Diane!" Merlin shouts

"Captain's the one being mean! He purposely ignored Elizabeth when she tried to talk to him about it and lied to her!" Diane argues

"It's all over now, it won't take long for all of her memories to return and once that happens... Elizabeth will die in three days" Meliodas tells them

"D-Die" Diane stutters "You're kidding right captain?!"

"That is our destiny" Meliodas says "There's no longer any need to keep quiet about it. So I'll tell you everything about the true purpose of my 3000-year journey."

-

Lilith stood alongside the other warriors of the town as they fought off the attacking demons. Sora and two of her other friends stood closest towards her, they protected her as she casted her magic. 

"I told you idiots aim for the priestess! She's in charge!"

Suddently Lilith was knocked down, someone was pinning her.

"Lilith!" Sora quickly ran to help her but was stopped by other demons.

"So, you're the famous priestess of this village"

"Meli.." Lilith opened her eyes to stare at the demon pinning her down, it was indeed her demons "..odas"