Chapter 16

"heh" Meliodas smirks "even someone from a pathetic village like this knows who I am"

"Meliodas" Lilith stands up "..you don't remember me do you?"

"..hm" Meliodas stares at her before his eyes widen "Lilith.."

"Yeah" Lilith nods "It's me"

"...you've grown" Meliodas says

"Yeah.. so have you" Lilith looks disappointed

Meliodas looks around "wait- no.. I-I can stop this"

"Meliodas" Lilith takes a step towards him "What happened to you? Why did you stop showing up?"

"...my father started training me.. he didn't let me leave" Meliodas looks down "I wanted to see you.. but I couldn't.. and now I'm head of the 10 Commandments"

"I know" Lilith puts her hands together "you've killed many.. and destroyed many things"

"But that's.." Meliodas stops then looks around

"Is this how you really want to be?" Lilith asks

"...no" Meliodas drops his sword "I don't" he steps forward and reaches out to her

"Stay away from her" Sora steps in front of Lilith pointing his sword at Meliodas

"Sora it's ok" Lilith pushes his sword down "look"

Lilith walks over to Meliodas and holds his hand. Meliodas looks at her surprised.

"Meliodas.. is my friend" Lilith tells Sora

"Lilith have you gone mad!" Sora shouts "he's attacking our village!"

"I-I can stop the attack" Meliodas's demon mark grows and he sends out a strong pulse of darkness that kills every last demon attacking

"...uh.. what the" Sora looks around

"See" Meliodas smirks "Easily fixed"

"And look nobody's dead" Lilith says looking around "a little injured maybe.. but not dead"

"..this is Meliodas.. the leader of the 10 Commandments.. and you claim he's your friend" Sora puts his sword against his shoulders

"I know I sound crazy" Lilith looks down "but we were friends when I was younger"

"What kind of spell do you have over him?" Sora asks "their's no way this bloodthirsty demon would stop an entire attack for some human he hasn't seen in years"

"Well.. uh" Meliodas rubs the back of his neck, he glances at Lilith's neck where his demon mark was on her "I just.. have a strong connection with her"

"hmph" Sora walks away and goes to tend to people

"Meliodas.. you should get out of here" Lilith faces him "I'm glad you stopped the attack and everything but.. if they find out we're 'friends' I can be considered an enemy"

"Right.." Meliodas says "I've heard of villages burning people to death because they've sided or made deals with demons"

"Sora won't tell anyone, but if i'm seen with you I'd be risking my life" Lilith says

"...I know I gotta leave.. but I don't want to" Meliodas says "for once in these many days.. I've felt at peace.. and I know it's just got something to do with you"

"Well" Lilith smiles at him "we'll meet at the usual place tomorrow then?"

Meliodas smiles "yeah"

Meliodas disappears and Lilith runs to help heal the people of the village. The next day Lilith leaves her village and heads to a cliff that overlooks the forest below.

"Meliodas" Lilith calls out looking around

"I'm here" Meliodas flies down from the sky and his demon markings go away

Lilith smiles and the two sit down at the cliff. They talked to each other for hours and the years they spent apart seemed to just melt away. Meliodas told her about an angel he met that wanted the war to stop as well. He was thinking of leaving the Commandments.

"Why?" Lilith asks "you've spent all of these years killing and destroying.. why decide to change now?"

"..I remembered.. I have someone I want to protect" Meliodas moves her hair behind her ear

Lilith looks up at him, the two lean in and share their first kiss of many.