Fifteen

- Brennan's POV - 

My birthday trip was everything that I needed. 

My parents weren't around to bother me, I got to hang out with my friends, and Ryan Giudice happened. 

She told me everything that I'd wanted to hear since I was thirteen years old.

It still didn't feel real that a girl who was so beautiful, confident, and kind was into me like that.

We didn't put a definition or label on our relationship yet, but I didn't mind. I think we were both just trying to make it to her ball. 

Ryan came to all of my basketball games on Tuesday and Thursday despite having to work. I didn't know if she knew this, but it meant the world to me that she came.  Especially since my own parents were too busy with their own lives to care about mine.

"Are you coming over for Lo's birthday dinner tomorrow night?" Ryan asked me as we sat in my car. "It's just going to be us with some of her friends."

We were waiting on Mila, Adler, Ivy, and Lachlan so we could get dinner and then go to a movie. It was basically an unintentional triple date.

"Of course." I promised her. "What should I get her?"

"Well, she wears the hell out of the necklace that you got us for Christmas. She's getting a cute RAV4 that Abuelo drove down to North Carolina to get. Get her something useful like a gas card or those car scent clips." Ryan responded. 

I nodded my head. "I got it."

"What do you wanna do for your birthday?" I asked Ryan.

She shrugged her shoulders. "That's all the way in May and it gets overshadowed with Cinco de Mayo. Plus I think it's a Wednesday or something."

"Not to me." I reminded her. "I'm going to plan something out."

Ryan smiled. "Ok."

My god, she was so adorable.

"Do you wanna come over after that dance practice thing on Sunday to finish our psychology project?" I suggested. 

"Sounds good." she agreed. "I can't believe that we're basically spending the whole weekend together. I would suggest that you sleep over on Saturday night, but you know how holy my grandparents are."

"You just can't get enough of me, huh?" I joked around.

She looked at me with this smug smirk. "No, I really can't."

I wanted to kiss her so badly, but Mila started to knock on the window.

We ate pizza at our favorite pizza place that wasn't too far from the movie theater. We ate, talked, and laughed. I noticed that Ryan would check her phone a lot or randomly checked out.

I wanted to ask her about it, but I didn't want to seem overbearing.

Plus it was nice to enjoy each other's company before we all went our separate ways for college.

I prayed up and down that I would end up close to or near Ryan.

She just came back into my life and I wasn't ready for her to walk out of it again.

As we sat in the movie theater chairs, I could feel her arm against mine.

I knew that she liked me, so fuck it.

I nudge her arm and held out my hand.

 "Flirty boy." she whispered in my ear as she took my hand.