Five

Growing up, I didn't talk to my dad's siblings a lot. It was mainly because they lived so far away, but we did see them on some holidays and random days in the summer.

You could imagine my surprise when my aunt Gina ended up in front of my grandmother's house. 

Aunt Gina lived in Colorado and her husband, Dale, played a large part in some company. They never had any kids but instead spent their time traveling around the world. I would always see their pictures on Facebook and get so jealous. 

But she just happened to be in the area for a work conference and decided to come to visit her nieces.  We ate some of the sandwiches that she brought and she showed us some of the clothes she got for us.

I had to admit that she had very good taste.

"How is school? Are you talking to any boys?" Gina asked Logan and me as we sat in the living room.

I looked over at Logan. "Yeah, any boys?"

"Not yet." she winked. "But the school is great. The people are nice and my grades are pretty good."

"That's great, Logan." Gina turned her gaze right back on me. "What about you, Ryan?"

Logan smirked. "She has Brennan."

I gently hit my sister's leg. "It's not like that, Lo. Hush."

"Brennan? Who is that?" my aunt perked up.

I shook my head. "He's just Brennan. His family used the vacation next door to us."

"Next door? This Brennan wouldn't happen to be a DuPont, would he?" Aunt Gina questioned me.

"Brennan T. DuPont." I confirmed as she made a face.

Weird.

Then the doorbell rang.

I stood up immediately. "I'll get it."

God the Giudice side of the family was so weird.

I opened up the door to see Brennan holding a math textbook.

My mouth went over my hand. "It's four o'clock already?"

I completely forgot that he was coming over to help me study for our math test tomorrow. It felt like Aunt Gina got here at 1:02 and it was only 1:45.

Time was going by so quickly.

"It is." he gave me a small nod. "It's not like you to lose track of time."

"My aunt is here." I announced. "My dad's older sister."

His mouth made an O shape. "Do you want me to go?'

I shook my head. "No, no. Come in."

Brennan and I walked into the living room where Logan, Aunt Gina, and Abuela were sitting on the couch talking.

"Aunt Gina this is Brennan and B this is my Auntie G." I introduced them both. 

I wasn't too sure if they remembered each other but I knew that she knew of his family but who didn't.

"Mr. DuPont." Aunt G held out her hand and he shook it. "Of course, I remember you from when you were only four feet tall."

Brennan grinned. "Just a bit taller now. It's good to see you again."

"Umph." she wiped her hand on her dress.

Awkward.

"He's a good boy." my Abuela interrupted. "He's very sweet and trustworthy."