Training, connections and a little bit of deception

After he analysed her quirk completely and set all of his findings into organised paragraphs he sent the email. Looking at the time he groaned, he couldn't sleep at all. Training tomorrow would be so much worse but izuku couldn't just stand there doing nothing, his anxiety would get to him too much especially with everything that's going on. He put on his darkest outfit as well as putting on a face mask and beanie just in case he accidentally trespassed, yup that's right. He was planning on doing some freestyle running across the buildings. This would help with endurance as well as improving his understanding of what shinso might need in the practical exam for UAs hero course.

Running from building to building it became clear they needed some kind of propelling mechanism so the gaps wouldn't be so daunting as well as dangerous. As he ran from building to building he was getting gradually tired as well as his muscles aching but his pain tolerance was so high he didn't realise how bad it had gotten. He ran to jump a gap but he fell, clinging onto the edge. Not his strength but his grip betraying him. Izuku fell several feet down onto the cold alley floor, his back throbbing. It was best he walked home from here....

When he got back the moment he sat down on his mattress he was out cold, not have being bothered with changing into his pyjamas. This was the best nights sleep he ever got and he woke up looking forward to seeing shinso to tell him everything he discovered that he could do to get ahead in the exams. His morning wasn't so bad, he got ready so quickly that he had enough time to begin on another hero's analysis. He also checked his email to find another from present mic as well as one from midnight.

Dear ()

Thank you so much for my analysis, I will be working on those moves you suggested so look out for them in the future! I don't really have anything else to say that mic wouldn't already as I'm sure he will contact you soon. Thank you again for the analysis, I'm glad you were able to point out my weaknesses for me, if I carried on like that it could have been dangerous!

Yours truly,
Midnight.

Midnight was really nice and he was glad he was able to help, but he decided not to reply and take up any more of her time. Hero's have a job to do and he shouldn't distract them like he did with all might, ka-chan got hurt because of him...

Dear listener

Thank you for midnights analysis as you probably already know she is overjoyed with it. Knowing your skill level and intelligence, Eraser head has requested your assistance in a case in collaboration with the Police, your services are really needed and I would appreciate if you could get back to me as soon as possible.

Yours truly
Present mic

Eraser head... he wants my help.... Midoriya didn't know how to feel, he was happy but also very nervous, he instantly decided to write the email back as present mic said it was time sensitive.

Dear present mic

I would be happy to help erasure head with his operation. All I need is video clips of the person(s) you wish for me to analyse. I will have to put your colleges assessments on hold as the case holds priority. Thank you for allowing me to a analyse yours as well as midnights quirk.

With that he was satisfied with his email and sent it. He still had a few minutes before school started but he left early to try and find shinso early. Midoriya planned on getting to school early as he was no doubt going to get double the beatings for missing school yesterday.

Midoriya was in luck as he found shinso walking to school. It's an understatement to say that he was surprised, he almost ran when izuku appeared out of nowhere. "Midoriya what are you doing here so early?"

"I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to try some free running across buildings, i have so many ideas for the exam and how you can get around without your quirk! I have lots of ideas for the support items you could use in the exam!" Izuku couldn't stay still, he was buzzing with excitement and energy.

"All right" shinso laughed, happy to see his new friend so happy "what ideas do you have? I could think up of ways to train while I'm in school"

"Oh! The support items I was thinking of are specialised and I need time to write them down, I'm going to search online about the basics of design and tech. I could start making prototypes with the things we find at the beach! That would save me a lot of money as well as helping the environment by recycling!"

Geez, Midoriya has thought of everything hasn't he. He's a genius, he's picking up so many new skills for me. I feel really guilty for making him do that but he seems to be happy.

"Thanks Midoriya, I'm really looking forward to the entrance exams now, I'm sure I'll pass!" Shinso said with a grin, then he had an idea. He knew his friend actually wanted to be a hero but for some reason he gave up on himself. He felt he owed him for everything he's done so he's going to give him a push in the right direction. "Hey.... this may seem like a weird request but could you take the exam with me?..."

"I- um.... well..." Midoriya didn't know what to say, he would love to but there's almost no chance he's getting in. But shinso seemed nervous and he wants to help him in anyway possible, there's probably a reason he's nervous so he should probably ask him about that. "I'm... why do you want me to take the entrance exam?..."

"I'm really nervous about going on my own and you've been training as well so I thought that maybe you could come with me... plus even if I did get in and my nerves didn't get the better of me I'm pretty sure no one would want to be my friend... There wouldn't be any point in me being there if you weren't too"

This answer shook Midoriya to his core. He wants me to take the exam too? Does he really think I can get in? Yeah I've been training but I don't have a quirk. I could maybe go and help him with manoeuvring his equipment if he ever loses balance... and he did say his nerves would get in the way if he didn't have someone there. I can't let him fail because I was too selfish to go and support him.

"Okay, I'll go. I already handed in my hero course application ages ago but I wasn't planning on going... I guess I wouldn't mind as long as you're there..."

Shinsos smile only grew bigger.

Midoriya, willing to take any risk to make sure everyone else was okay and not ever really thinking of himself... that's a good yet dangerous trait. I'm confident I can get in now with Midoriyas help Over the next two months, but I won't tell him that. He thinks I'm still nervous and that's the only reason he's going, to make sure I'm okay. Midoriya... what happened to make you like this? Everyone is always at least a little bit selfish but you, you don't even seem to think about the consequences on yourself for a second, as long as your helping someone there is no risk too great for you. Please don't let that be your downfall.

"Thanks Midoriya, at least if we both get in we might be in the same class!" There was a pause then in a panicked voice shinso said "speaking of classes In going to be late! Bye Midoriya!"

He was halfway down the street running and all izuku could do was smile. I'm glad shinso is going to become a hero, he will be an amazing one at that. But then the daunting shadow of his school arrived and he was once again miserable. At least he was early so he could hide until class started.