surprisingly quick recovery

it was almost 7pm and deku started to mentally prepare himself for the strain his body would be under getting in the wheelchair. hound dog was surprisingly not that intimidating as long as he wasn't mad, Midoriya was hoping to talk to hound dog about collaborating when he became a teacher here. he wanted to know if mental health had any effect on the way people wanted to use their quirks.

getting in the wheelchair was surprisingly not that bad and he was able to manoeuvre it perfectly on his own almost instantly. hound dog was very surprised at this but just laughed. they both talked about their favourite foods on the way there, it was clear they were both very hungry.

during dinner all of them talked about modern slang. recovery girl didn't know any of it so they all caught her up so that she didn't have to ask her patients. they left out the inappropriate slang, hoping that no student in their right mind would say anything like that in front of her. lunch rush was also surprisingly behind the times as well, hound dog and Midoriya mostly had to explain it to them. it made sense that hound dog knew the slang as part of his job was listening to students and Midoriya... well he was the student.

once they all ate hound dog went to his post outside, lunch rush went home and recovery girl escorted Midoriya to her office where she healed him again then went home. staying at UA was surprisingly pleasant, the bed didn't have springs digging into his back and there wasn't much noise outside apart from hound dogs occasional howling. he went to sleep almost instantly because all his energy was focused on healing.

Midoriya woke up when he heard recovery girl coming into her office, he was a really light sleeper. she done all the check ups and asked him to try stand up. he done this with ease, he felt perfectly healthy.

"you recover quickly fam"

"of course I did, you healed me and please dont use the slang words we taught you yesterday"

"okay dearie but I though that the kids would take more of a liking to me if I did. and yes I did heal you, but I expected to have to let stay in bed for at least the morning but your cells seem to be use to healing those kinds of wounds."

"anyone in their right mind would take a liking to you and my cells probably are, I usually get beaten up like this every few days. one time it was even worse."

"that's not something to brag about problem child." aizawa said, walking into the room "you should really tell us who did this kid."

"I dont want to ruin their chances at becoming a pro hero. anyway, I'm okay now so its fine!"

"you being okay now does not make it fine. you could've died if I hadn't gone there to pick you up. you've been recovering for a day and that's with recovery girls help, it would be longer if it wasn't for her. how is that fine?" he got loud towards the end and his concern really showed in his voice

Midoriya was silent, he wanted to put his mind at ease. he didn't want him to be worried about him so decided what to say.

"it gave me a new perspective, I usually have a few panic attacks at night from having nightmares but today I didn't. I dont feel as useless anymore and I'm looking forward to maybe going to school here. I feel like I might actually be able to be a hero. Nezu has thought out a way for me to maybe be a hero, it still has to be approved but even if it isn't he said he would hire me as a member of staff." he practically whispered but from aizawas reaction he knew he heard what he said.

"Nezu told you he was going to let you in UA? your going to be a member of staff? what will you be doing here?"

"I'm going to help students with their quirks, helping them with new moves and helping them get support items that might help them and stuff like that. its like what I did when I first talked to present mic. he also told me because I may have let slip that I was kind of disappointed I missed the hero course exams"

"but your a student, what happens to the teaching position?"

"I will still have the teaching position. I get to go to lunch early with the other staff, then during everyone else's lunch I will consult people in my own office, I will also get a room where I can design and develop my support items as well as store them but it will be heavily secured."

"you discussed all this yesterday?"

"yeah, principal Nezu also said I was his 'prized student' but I'm a little worried for what that means..."

"you haven't seen principal playing the villain yet so you have no reason to be worried yet"

"yet?..."

"dont worry about it, you should be worrying about todays combat training. were doing close combat first. go get UAs gym uniform on. i put it in the gym changing rooms."

"but i didn't buy one?"

"i did, now go get changed."

"thank you aizawa!" he ran out of the room

"you dont know your way to the gym!!! where are you going?!"

"to the gym! this way is shorter!"

deku was fast for his age and almost outran aizawa, Midoriya made him follow him though and his way was in fact faster.

"this way being faster was because we ran."

"keep telling yourself that, your just upset that I've been here for 2 days and already found a faster route than you have in your few years being here."

"im starting to not like this new side of you problem child." aizawa said, although he was really glad to see him confident and joking around. he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right though, but he ignored that feeling and pushed it down, he should be happy the kid seemed to be enjoying life like someone his age should be.