The first day of the apprenticeship

Izuku woke up to a knock at the door. Having an anxiety attack was not how he wanted to start his day. He quickly recovered though, his anxiety of making the person wait got the better of him. He got up, still in the clothes he wore yesterday too. This better not become a habit he thought to himself.

Opening the door he found aizawa, he looked as sleep deprived as ever.

"To cover the medical bill nezu has asked you study under him." He said bluntly as if it wasn't a huge deal.

"I- what? Why would he want me to study under him as a way to repay the bill?"

"It's like an apprenticeship, you get payed to learn. You will also get payed but some of the money will go towards paying the school back. You will still receive some money obviously"

aizawa sorted that deal out when he reported back to nezu that night. Nezu agreed almost instantly which was worrying but as long as the kid was able to eat he was okay with it.

"Hurry up and get changed, you don't want to be late."

Midoriya ran and got his school uniform on as it was the most formal clothes he had. Aizawa gave him a confused look but deku just smiled. They both had to walk to the school as the trains were too stressful for him. Once they got there, there was a surprising amount of teachers there for the weekend but this was the most prestigious hero school in Japan so it was to be expected. On the way to the principals office Aizawa noticed deku subconsciously mentally noting down all the exits.

As aizawa went to knock the door opened, nezu enjoyed doing it as it messed with people a lot.

"Hello izuku Midoriya, or deku of you prefer. Your apprenticeship will be starting today and you will get to mostly ask questions today as well as doing a few jobs around the school and introducing yourself to the other teachers here. Tomorrow we will start on your tutoring. Today is just so you can get settled in. Please come in my office and you can ask any questions."

Midoriya followed him in but it was like he had 5 coffees within the past hour he was shaking so much. Once the door shut behind them nezu started speaking again.

"As I said before, today is for you to get settled in. Aizawa has told me about how anxious you get so I would like you to try and have a one on one talk with most of the teachers here today. You will just be running errands today and finding your way around. Any questions?"

"Um... will I get time off?... and why did you take me in as your apprentice?..."

"You will get Tuesday and Wednesday off as those are the days most people stay in the house, it will give you more chance to go out with your friends. And I took you as my apprentice because you have a very sharp mind and I wanted to help nurture it. You also have to repay the hospital bill but you have a special case and almost no money so this was the best way to kill two birds with 1 stone."

"I... um... thank you principal nezu"

"don't thank me yet, you haven't seen the amount you have to photocopy for all the classes as well as distributing them accordingly. you will have to go between each and every class without getting lost. you will also be rationing out supplies such as glues, pens, pencils, highlighters, chalk, rubbers, spare paper, Sellotape and staplers for students and staff. you will also join the rest of the staff at lunch in the cafeteria so you can socialise, try to make a good impression as you will be seeing them almost everyday while you pay off your debt. your shift ends the same time as it would if you were a student here, you will not get payed for overtime."

that was a lot for midoriya to take in so he had to write it down. he then spent the morning organising everything he needed to take to each class with labels on the boxes. by lunch he was done organising the general course and business courses classes and paperwork and as he had to pass the support course on the way he would try and ask for some kind of cart to make it easier to carry more boxes at once.

approaching the classroom powerloader was supposed to be in deku got more and more anxious. what if he was busy and I just barged in? what if he doesn't know I'm nezus apprentice and he tries to hurt me? what if he did know how he was but hated his quirk analysis and just wanted to hurt him anyway? what if? what if? what if? what if's was all he could think about.

he was so distracted with what ifs that he accadentaly ran into powerloader. izuku froze. what should he do? run? hide? the nearest exit is too far, powerloader will catch up to him in no time.

"oh, hello. your nezus apprentice right? nezu told me about you, he said to help you if you needed anything."

"I.. um... well... I need something to help me cary a bunch of boxes... its okay if you don't have it! you dont have to let me borrow if you dont want me to as well!"

"wow, nezu was not kidding when he said you sometimes overreact. its fine kid, I have a cart in my classroom that a third year made. you can use that."

"o-oh... sorry... and sorry for running into you too..."

"its no problem kid. ill go get the cart and you can walk down to lunch with me if you want to"

"sure..." midoriya didn't really want to but nezu said to make a good impression.

they both walked down to the cafeteria, powerloader was talking about a girl who almost blew up the lab in the exam. she sounds like she will be either a promising or problem student later.

once they were there there was present mic, midnight and aizawa on a table together. he decided to part ways with powerloader and go over to aizawa. he sat down and present ic and midnight introduced themselves which made him laugh.

"I already know..."

"oh right, I forget were famous sometimes" present mic practically shouted. this really triggered izuku and he had to rush to a bathroom to calm down, memories of ka-chan shouting in his ear as he burned him flooded his mind. powerloader rushed in and saw midoriya breaking down, he knew the kid probably hd a few issues but he didn't suspect that someone just speaking loudly would cause something in his mind to switch like that. powerloader gave midoriya room and lft the door open so he felt like he wasn't being cornered. once he calmed down he apologise to powerloader and went back to the table to apologise to the others.

"awh, its fine midoriya. sorry about present mic, he didn't know you would react like that."

" no its fine, I overreacted. anyway I dont just know both of you because your famous. I done your quirk analisises" midoriya was surprisingly calm around them, it was probably because aizawa was there but it was a big achievement none the less.

"woah, really kid? your deku?"mic said, trying his best to stay as quiet as possible.

"yeah... but most heros don't know that so please don't tell anyone else. I don't know how they'll react f they find out I'm quirkless."

"sure thing. I'm just worried that you had to do research on me." midnight commented

"I made sure I had the safety lock on the search. there is a surprisingly little amount of info on you that wasn't age restricted. I made do with what I had though, I didn't want to get scarred for life."

most of the table burst into laughter, it wasn't what he said but it was the way he so plainly said that he didn't want to get scarred for life. even aizawa smirked a little. the rest of the staff looked at the weird but for once izuku didn't care. he felt safe around these heros. he took a liking to present mic quicker than everyone else as they had been talking the most, as long as he wasn't being too loud he was comfortable around him. if he was left alone with midnight he would probably be really uncomfortable but with mic and aizawa around he found he was more care free and he enjoyed their company like he does with shinso. it was a little different because they were older but he was glad nezu gave him the apprenticeship.

after lunch he dropped off all of the boxes he organised and he went back to organise the support course and hero courses paperwork and supplies. by the time he was done his shift was over. izuku didn't feel right leaving the classes organised supplies in resources for a different teacher to deal with so he stayed overtime to finish his task.

Izuku walked home alone, a smile spread across his face. he saw shinso waiting on the bench for him to get back, he had a worried look on his face.