Midoriya is starting to scare aizawa

once izuku got into the UA gym kit, which was a little baggy, aizawa wanted to see what combat skills he had already so he just charged at him. izuku was quick to dodge and he got into a fighting stance, he didn't expect that as soon as he got out the changing room and he was pretty sure he almost had a heart attack but he didn't miss a beat to counterattack. he couldn't hold back as he would defiantly lose to a pro here of he did, he was pretty sure he would lose if he went all out to but he had to try his best.

aizawa also dodged and they sparred for about 10 minutes without either of them landing a punch on each other. Midoriya wasn't so good at attacks but he amazing at dodging, at the beach shinso would mostly attack so he had to dodge a lot. while dodging was a helpful skill izuku regrets not working on his attacks more, aizawa was exhausting him and Midoriyas attacks were easy to dodge. he was pretty sure that even if he landed a hit on the pro hero it would be weak enough for him to have a chance to counterattack against him.

while Midoriya was stuck in his head aizawa found an opening to land an attack. izuku went flying across the gym and landed on his back.

"you need to learn how to fall property or you'll get injured"

"how do you learn to fall 'properly'"

"its easy, you need to know how to manoeuvre yourself to land in a way that will cause the least harm."

"so I need to land either on my feet or my knees."

"its not as simple as that. before we can go onto actual combat training you need to learn to fall properly or you will get seriously hurt. we will start with that"

they practiced falling properly most of the morning and izuku ended up with a lot of bruises but he was smiling the entire time, by the time it was lunch Midoriya mastered falling.

a lot of the teachers give him worried looks as he walked into the cafeteria, a lot of them asked if he was ok and he just responded with a grin and a nod. sitting down at the table present mic and midnight asked what happened, he decided to tell them.

"aizawa is teaching me close combat right now, he charged straight at me first and we both tried to at least land a punch on each other but we couldn't for like ten minutes, I eventually got really tired and he landed a hit. I literally flew across the gym! I landed on my back though and aizawa had to teach me how to fall properly before anything else. we spent the most of the morning doing that but I think I'm okay at falling now, it was so fun!"

"you held your own again aizawa for 10 minutes?!" present mic accidentally used his quirk and they both looked to see if izuku was was okay, he had a small panic attack but aizawa helped him through breathing exercises.

"you know breathing exercises aizawa?" midnight asked, confused as hell.

"yeah, is there a problem?"

"thanks for that aizawa, that really helped." Midoriya chimed in

"yeah, whatever problem child." aizawa had actually researched what do to when someone has a panic attack for Midoriya and he was glad it helped.

after lunch they both went back to the gym where the real training could start.

"your fine at dodging but your attacks are sloppy and slow, they were predictable. first you will try different attack styles on the dummies but once your good enough at that you will practice it on one of our new robotic training dummies, it will only be moving around at first. once the program thinks you are ready it will try to dodge, it will gradually get more difficult. then it will reset to its first dodging program but a basic attack program will also be implemented, the attacks will gradually get better. the last stage is both of them gradually getting better. I expect you to get to the third stage at least once within the rest of the afternoon"